Author Topic: Fixtures  (Read 2699 times)

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
Fixtures
« on: November 30, 2016, 04:18:30 PM »
I see that in the rearranged fixtures the team have a 440 mile round trip to Merthyr on a Tuesday evening in January. I wonder what time the team get home ready for going to work the next day!
Never understand why Merthyr are in the Southern League and not in the Welsh League. I remember when Barry were also in the Southern league  the visiting teams played them on a Friday and Merthyr
The next day. I wonder if this could be avoided if early Facup and Trophy games could be midweek, thus avoiding the need to rearrange Saturday fixtures.

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Fixtures
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 04:22:44 PM »
Unfair on the Club  to only have 2 home fixtures in 8 weeks ( last week through to the middle of Jan)...lets hope its a bumper gate on New Years Day.

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 04:43:26 PM »
Merthyr had to come to us on a Tuesday night in January last season. It didn't seem to do them much harm!
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

jackdaw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 05:51:16 PM »
Coastal, Playing for Deal Town in early 60's had trip to Barry, travel through the night won 1-0 and straight back to Deal,
those were the day's.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 07:51:40 PM »
On a personal note, I am having a hip operation on 4 Jan and the fixture list gives me a Home game on 2 Jan and then 2weeks before 1st Home game.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 07:59:41 AM »
Unfair on the Club  to only have 2 home fixtures in 8 weeks ( last week through to the middle of Jan)...lets hope its a bumper gate on New Years Day.

Obviously you mean the 2nd January not New Years Day.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 08:07:58 AM »
I think that is the official New Years day as the 1st is a Sunday.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2016, 08:56:11 AM »
Assuming the St Neots game hadn't been called off and we were originally due to play Slough at The Walks on the 10th December, we've gone from having a home game every week up to Christmas to now only having one before Christmas (Dorchester on the 17th). Perhaps if we can remain unbeaten in the league in the lead up to that game we can push to get a few extra fans in for that one?