Author Topic: Spectator dies at football match at Gorleston  (Read 3918 times)

YouSayItBest

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Re: Spectator dies at football match at Gorleston
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 09:34:34 AM »
Sad times. - though begs the question, do we had a de-fib machine at the walks? If not it's surely worth the couple of grand to get one

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 11:59:05 AM »
Now then trust, what about buying one for the club as a kind gesture with no strings attached?

Paul Hampson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 12:21:20 PM »
The club employs St Johns who saved that chap a couple off years ago who collapsed when the goal keep helped us after getting a red card.  I also when attending away games carry 2 defibs and a medic kit.

YouSayItBest

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 06:57:01 PM »
That's all very well and good. I hope others appreciate your work as I do. But thinking for times when you aren't there and the equipment isn't available. At reserve games, youth team games and ladies games. It must be worth the money even if it never gets used (which I hope it will never need to be used)

ken rout

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 08:25:48 PM »
Following the collapse of the Premier League player ( Malumba ?) on the pitch a few years ago the F A offered defibs at a discount to clubs at all levels.

The only requirement was for a club to show proof of training in its use, which is not difficult to organise and easy to learn as the machines are automatic to a degree.

Backie9

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 09:13:24 AM »
The club has defibrillator machine, it was brought through the FA

Backie

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016, 05:20:57 PM »
In the event of a game where St John are not in attendance and I am (in the Stands) I am a St John Ambulance Trainer and qualified Defibrillator Operator. Always willing to lend a hand if needed. Just put a Tannoy  call out for WestLynnMike.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

ken rout

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2016, 05:57:35 PM »
If the club has a defib how about, as a contribution to the local community, exploring the possibility of installing it on an outside wall in a secure cabinet so it is accessible to the public in time of need.

As a matter of interest where is it stored at the moment?

Paul Hampson

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2016, 07:11:48 PM »
The costs involved in the cabinet is over 1000 plus costs off fitting And the insurance for this too.