Author Topic: RESERVES V DOWNHAM TOWN NOT THIS SATURDAY  (Read 5667 times)

Mcl1970

RESERVES V DOWNHAM TOWN NOT THIS SATURDAY
« on: November 25, 2015, 11:43:40 AM »
 :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;  Downham don't want to play this Saturday so we shall be away at March Town in the League, and the game is now on Tuesday 1st December 7:45 Kick Off.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
Re: RESERVES V DOWNHAM TOWN NOT THIS SATURDAY
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 07:12:36 PM »
do they have a choice ?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 07:16:17 PM »
Seems that way:
"If a midweek fixture is postponed or abandoned the match shall be played in the following midweek, provided there is enough daylight to complete the match or the home club has floodlights that come up to the standard that would allow them to enter  the FA Vase, unless both clubs agree to play  on the  Saturday  following  the  original  midweek  date.
Should  there  be  any further  postponements this process shall then be repeated until a result is achieved."

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 11:32:45 AM »
It's marvellous how they can use the rules to suit themselves. The game was originally on a Saturday, postponed to this Saturday, then changed back to Tuesday, postponed, now is has to be a midweek game?? Or has it anything to do with Downham refusing to play this Saturday??

GrahamB

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 02:57:08 PM »
Heard it was due to suspensions clearing by Tuesday, if they're waiting to field their best team then they needn't bother result will be the same

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2015, 03:05:17 PM »
More than likely was, what is fair for one team is fair for both. If they had played us on Saturday it would have been the same team we had on Tuesday, next Tuesday we will be stronger as well. I hope we thrash them we still owe them from last season.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2015, 03:42:43 PM »
Did we make too much of including a few first teamers in the fixture on Saturday - being there is no First Team fixture?

Less likely to feature on Tuesday with the First Team playing on Wednesday next week I'd imagine.

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2015, 03:56:41 PM »
Heard it was due to suspensions clearing by Tuesday, if they're waiting to field their best team then they needn't bother result will be the same
I thought they just had Kyle Dyer suspended, and he will still be suspended on Tuesday.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2015, 04:30:22 PM »
We didn't have any first team players playing only reserves who have played for the first, they will be playing this Saturday against March is my latest info, we may be stronger on Tuesday, certainly no weaker. As far as I am concerned this is a case of Downham being Downham.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2015, 04:45:15 PM »
We didn't have any first team players playing only reserves who have played for the first, they will be playing this Saturday against March is my latest info, we may be stronger on Tuesday, certainly no weaker. As far as I am concerned this is a case of Downham being Downham.

Sorry tazzywazz; I made the same mistake as another post I was reading but can no longer find relating to first team players playing (it might have been on Facebook rather than here).

It's a shame as I think we'd have easily attracted 200+ with there being no First Team action on Saturday.
Are the gate receipts shared for NSC games?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2015, 09:32:37 PM »
Are the gate receipts shared for NSC games?
"Clubs,  which enter  the  Norfolk  Senior  Cup  and  charge  a  league  admission  fee, are  required  to charge a fee for any home fixture in this competition.
Such fee shall be agreed by the two competing clubs and the home club shall confirm the agreed fee with Norfolk County
FA no later than 72 hours prior to kick off if it varies from the normal league fee charged. Should the clubs be unable to agree, the fee will be determined by Norfolk County  FA.
The net proceeds, after  deduction of VAT (where applicable), the match expenses and the visiting team’s travelling expenses, will  be shared equally between the participating clubs. "

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2015, 11:12:52 PM »
That's not a problem Robbo I think with Setch running 'the club' we may well see 1st team players having a runout with the Reserves after a lengthy break through injury etc., as would happen at many clubs. After seeing the performance of the reserves when playing for the 1st team Setch must be more confident that this will be worthwhile.
Hopefully we will still get a good crowd on Tuesday, the lads deserve it.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2015, 10:50:21 AM »
Hopefully, especially for those that don't get a football fix on Saturday and the fact the First Team's midweeker is on Wednesday night.

Hopefully a fair few people can make both games.