Author Topic: Danny Emmington leaves?  (Read 5930 times)

robbo84

• View Profile
Danny Emmington leaves?
« on: January 17, 2017, 10:36:06 AM »
Can't find any "official" mention of Danny Emmington leaving the club, but last night he put the following on twitter:

Danny Emmington ‏@EmmingtonDanny  13h13 hours ago
I wanna thank @officialKLtown for my time at the club, it's just time for me to move on, Thanks to @UltrasLynn for being great with me! 💙💛

gs50

• View Profile
Re: Danny Emmington leaves?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 10:48:23 AM »
That's a shame look excellent prospect.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 11:07:34 AM »
That really is such a shame as I for one was mightily impressed by his performances immediately after joining us and I think he was very unlulucky to have been left on the bench so often in recent games. Looking at it purely from the players perspective I cannot really blame him for looking elsewhere.

Good luck Danny!

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 11:38:00 AM »
More good talent we have let go, I thought our chairman wanted to keep good local players?

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 12:46:07 PM »
A good attacking right back player. But Setch playing three at the back, Revan and Hawkins, Warburton, Zielonka playing the wings and Ward arriving leaves little scope for Danny to get a regular place in the starting line-up.

If true then good luck wherever you go Danny E and thanks for all the effort displayed.  :clap:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 12:46:25 PM »
More good talent we have let go, I thought our chairman wanted to keep good local players?

But did the club let him go or did Danny himself decide to leave the club for regular football. Big difference between the two.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 12:50:39 PM »
As The lad was not getting regular first team starts its a shame some kind of compromise couldn't have been found between Setch and Himself with a loan deal set up where he could have got some starts.  Dereham is a fav Loan stop for some of our players or even Wisbech if the lad was from out that way.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2017, 01:30:03 PM »
I may be wrong but Danny decided to leave? I cannot imagine that the club took the intitiative - if so that would IMO be a stupid decision. At face value it seems that not all players are judged equally - on current fotrm / performance rather than past reputation.

Johnny Appman 856

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2017, 06:33:02 PM »
On last reputation?? If that's the case why have Mettam and Hawkins been sat on the bench?

RNW17

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2017, 11:16:18 PM »
Emmo was a top player. Best of luck to the kid in the future and sure he will either be back at this level or progressing in the near future! Always back a local lad

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2017, 08:36:23 PM »
I may be wrong but Danny decided to leave? I cannot imagine that the club took the intitiative - if so that would IMO be a stupid decision. At face value it seems that not all players are judged equally - on current fotrm / performance rather than past reputation.

maybe the squad is being trimmed.  with the chairman apparently saying he is putting 10k a month into the club, something has to give. no ones got that sort of money to throw away.

unless he got the club on the knock, and the 10k is the monthly payment to buster.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2017, 08:39:42 PM »
Returned to Wisbech St Mary

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2017, 09:32:11 PM »
A real shame but wish him well. Danny proved he is well capable of playing at ths level and possibly above.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2017, 08:01:19 AM »
Always sad to lose a player with potential, but it happens.  Lets not forget What Backie has in the Reserves who equally have that.    It would seem the lad has gone back to his comfort zone by dropping down from step 3 to step 6.  Maybe he just wants to play the game and enjoy himself.   With the squad now seemingly coming back to full strength maybe he could see he would be the one playing in The Reserves.

One the subject of Players coming back what news is there on Marshall and Castellan ?

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2017, 12:03:10 PM »
Maybe it was the stark contrast in his fortunes that made the decision for him. Almost Immediately he joined us he became a first team 'regular' then just as suddenly a bench warmer and perhaps understandably at his age, as you say Mallard, he just wants to play the game. However he has shown that he is comfortable playing at our level, so watch this space??