Author Topic: Mettam  (Read 12584 times)

robbo84

• View Profile
Re: Mettam
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2017, 09:25:05 AM »
Don't think he can be recalled until the summer at the earliest, depending if IC wants him in his plans.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2017, 10:25:30 AM »
Could we see the name Jamie Cureton  arriving at The Walks in the summer

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2017, 11:30:24 AM »
Mettam scored the winner on Tuesday in a 2-1 win at Rushden......Reportedly with a brilliant free kick!!

Julian 0812_f

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2017, 02:39:59 PM »
I would imagine since Mettam is still under contract, for next season the new manager would want to see him? Guess it depends on who he fell out with? If it was Setch that paves the way back maybe?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2017, 02:43:32 PM »
Maybe the Chairman will forgive Mettam little indiscretion  and start with a clean slate.   The Question would be though would Mettam be Culverhouse's cuppa tea.   I can see him being a bit of a Heggs type, in as much he wont be taking any krap from anyone.  That's what im hoping anyway.

Julian 0812_f

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2017, 02:48:30 PM »
Well that's at least one player gone then.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2017, 03:07:48 PM »
Maybe the Chairman will forgive Mettam little indiscretion  and start with a clean slate.   The Question would be though would Mettam be Culverhouse's cuppa tea.   I can see him being a bit of a Heggs type, in as much he wont be taking any krap from anyone.  That's what im hoping anyway.

Not sure it was such a little indiscretion?

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2017, 01:10:21 AM »
Maybe the Chairman will forgive Mettam little indiscretion

The chairman likes Mettam - He has told me this face to face, so I'm thinking Mettam will be here next season

I now expect Tom Denton to be signed in the summer as he isn't getting much game time at Halifax and he and Mettam formed a formidable partnership before.

My logic behind this is watching Culverhouse's interviews and the "potential targets already for next season"

It's only a hunch of mine......but I don't care where the goals come from, as long as they come!!

Linnet1947

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2017, 07:03:03 AM »
I am sure all fans will not care who scores the goals. I still have my doubts about Mettam at our level. However let's see who we get to start next season ! Mr Culverhouse will I am sure be positive in his recruitment. Clearly some of present squad will still be around. So its a case of shape up or ship out. We want tigers who are are going to battle in every game.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2017, 11:26:56 AM »
I am sure all fans will not care who scores the goals. I still have my doubts about Mettam at our level. However let's see who we get to start next season ! Mr Culverhouse will I am sure be positive in his recruitment. Clearly some of present squad will still be around. So its a case of shape up or ship out. We want tigers who are are going to battle in every game.

Expecting a 100% effort from all players in every game surely has to be the absolute minimum requirement.