Author Topic: kings Langley.  (Read 5835 times)

Paul Hampson

• View Profile
Re: kings Langley.
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2017, 10:01:16 PM »
To the res game sat and the pitch looked rough and it cut up badly during the game.  Surely if we invested the money into the pitch and try get it back to how it used to be.  It used to be a carpet and was one of the best pitches.  3g brings opportunities as well could hire it out through the week. Part of me says be traditional and other says let's go modern and open the venue up through the week.

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2017, 11:55:39 PM »
To the res game sat and the pitch looked rough and it cut up badly during the game.  Surely if we invested the money into the pitch and try get it back to how it used to be.  It used to be a carpet and was one of the best pitches.  3g brings opportunities as well could hire it out through the week. Part of me says be traditional and other says let's go modern and open the venue up through the week.

I must admit I'm half and half whether a 3G pitch should be installed at Lynn.

Yes it would suit a passing game, yes it could generate extra income

But, I'm a bit of a traditionalist and prefer grass pitches and also in the bigger scheme of things, they said on the telly at Sutton that should they win promotion to the football league, then 3G pitches are not allowed - so with the chairmans aspirations, should we ever be in that position, we'd have to rip it up and lay a brand new grass pitch anyway

Ben,G

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2017, 09:26:40 AM »
Kings Langley pitch was very poor . Everyone played well. When Jazek came on caused all sorts of problems for them. As setch has said in his interviews before . The pitch will be sorted for next season.

30 Year Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2017, 12:28:10 PM »
It was more than awful...If the health and safety officer was there he'd have closed it down. Pipes sticking out of the ground with no hazard signs or cones muddy round the pitch with a tidy path which I slipped on and ruined the brand new pair of trainers I brought. As Ben the Chairman has promised that the pitch will be a better standard for next season and you can't really blame him for Maurice retiring leaving us short during the summer.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2017, 08:33:55 PM »
It was more than awful...If the health and safety officer was there he'd have closed it down. Pipes sticking out of the ground with no hazard signs or cones muddy round the pitch with a tidy path which I slipped on and ruined the brand new pair of trainers I brought. As Ben the Chairman has promised that the pitch will be a better standard for next season and you can't really blame him for Maurice retiring leaving us short during the summer.

how long has Ben been the chairman?. must have missed that announcement.

Johnny Appman 856

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2017, 09:45:35 AM »

[/quote]

:laughcry: :laughcry:

30 Year Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2017, 09:43:32 AM »

Wouldn't say always carpeted Paul I've seen it quite a few times looking like Hunstanton Beach and yeah 3G pitches do look nice but I'm old school and steel prefer grass but if it brings in extra revenue for the club then that's a good thing plus the players would be able to train on it.

Ben,G

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2017, 10:48:59 AM »

Have you not herd johnny everything has to go through me. Cleeve out Ben in. As for them trainers being ruined ill. give you a tenner to buy some new lonsdales.

:laughcry: :laughcry:
[/quote]