Author Topic: Cambridge City away  (Read 8095 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Cambridge City away
« on: December 02, 2015, 12:07:11 PM »
Not to much interest being shown on this by the looks of things.  A win tonight will see us move up from 14th ( despite what the Clubs Website says) to 8th... Big game for us.   I remeber the home game well, we played them off the park.  St Neots gave them a pasting last week at St Ives, so we should have every chance of 'doubling' them.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Cambridge City away
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 01:21:32 PM »
Cambridge City FC ‏@CambridgeCtyFC
There is no problem with the pitch and no rain forecast so tonight's game v @KingsLynnFC in the SLP is ON.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 02:55:19 PM »
Generally now there is much less pre match activity on this forum - used to be a case of quite a few chipping in with proposed line ups and score lines............Seems to have got lost in the change over from the old forum?

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 03:01:11 PM »
I'm going !!  :bus:

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 03:33:31 PM »
The online previews for the EDP and Lynn News for this game are pretty poor. With Setch being full-time general manager you would think it would be easy for the press to pick up the phone and ask for the latest team news.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 03:46:07 PM »
Pitch from what i hear from St noets contact is the worst in league still think 3 points are coming back to walks.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 06:48:30 PM »
Generally now there is much less pre match activity on this forum - used to be a case of quite a few chipping in with proposed line ups and score lines............Seems to have got lost in the change over from the old forum?

must all be on the official club forum.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 07:14:00 PM »
@cambridgecityfc v @officialKLtown OFF referee inspected the pitch and declares it unplayable

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 07:52:33 PM »
My contact from St neots spot on , no points coming back to the walks tonight.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2015, 08:05:36 PM »
I guess The lynn team had travelled and arrived looking at the time of the posting.  Why was  a local ref not called in earlier in the day to call it off or otherwise ?  Would have saved the Lynn squad the time and trouble and not least the club the money. Very poor From Cambridge

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2015, 08:56:56 PM »
I guess The lynn team had travelled and arrived looking at the time of the posting.  Why was  a local ref not called in earlier in the day to call it off or otherwise ?  Would have saved the Lynn squad the time and trouble and not least the club the money. Very poor From Cambridge

Totally agree! The grass was quite long and in need of a cut but the mower would have cut the surface to ribbons. The patch of "waterlogged" ground was a bit spongy and about 4 car parking slots in size, located left wing and centre of pitch just where players would run onto pitch. Sidelines were muddy where lino would run. Locals say that the ground is very poor and the slightest bit of rain turns it into a bog. How Cambridge City expect to play that pitch through the Winter I don't know. Two very unhappy fans (and one wife) had a wasted evening - thanks CC.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2015, 09:11:37 PM »
Would suggest at Youth Level theClub would be in control of whether or not games go ahead or not. With a game being played on The Walks last night the pitch needs a certain amount of protection to make it last the whole season. Let's not forget the state it ended up in last season. Plus we have had no home game first team game so the pitch needs protecting for The Frome game. Is this the only income the Club has before Christmas ?

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2015, 09:51:55 PM »
Mallard got it dead right but two seasons ago the ref called the game of at the
Walks when Sheffied came just for a bit of wet on the line

It

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2015, 10:08:13 PM »
WestLynnMike

The locals I spoke to couldn't believe it
They said it was worse last week and they played on that

Very poor as Mallard said

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2015, 09:44:36 AM »
That was one of the worst pitches we played on when we were in the UCL !!
I remember during our first season we drew 2-2 there in absolutely atrocious conditions. Pitch was a total mudbath that day.

Both managers wanted to get the game on. Most of the players on both sides were also up for it. Spoke to some Cambridge City fans in the car park on the way out who were more embarrassed than anything else. They said the pitch was far worse when they played there on Saturday.
Round trip from their old ground to St. Ives is over 30 miles, so they've been let down by it all too.

What are the chances now of a January re-arrangement when the prevailing conditions are likely to be worse than they were last night?