Author Topic: King's Lynn Town 2 Wroxham 1. Gary Setchell interview  (Read 3157 times)

robbo84

• View Profile

m a hill

• View Profile
Re: King's Lynn Town 2 Wroxham 1. Gary Setchell interview
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 07:10:49 PM »
Sounds like we need to be on the look out for a front man then

Linnet1947

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 10:17:13 PM »
Surprise surprise. We have desperately needed a striker since the start of the season. If we could only have turned some of those draws into wins, it may have been a different story this season. However we need to concentrate on keeping all of the quality players in the squad for next season, and add a striker ! Easier said than done. I wish Setch well in finally getting that man.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 11:25:58 AM »
"Our track record of signing succesful and sometimes 'big name' strikers who do well at Lynn is not good - Sands, Mettam, Smith, Duffy and Beaumont, all to differing degrees did not perform to the level hoped for and expected? The last one who really came good when with us that I can recall was Dunkley?"

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 11:51:13 AM »
"Our track record of signing succesful and sometimes 'big name' strikers who do well at Lynn is not good - Sands, Mettam, Smith, Duffy and Beaumont, all to differing degrees did not perform to the level hoped for and expected? The last one who really came good when with us that I can recall was Dunkley?"

All of them scored goals before and after Lynn. Wonder if there's a bigger issue here???

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 01:08:05 PM »

All of them scored goals before and after Lynn. Wonder if there's a bigger issue here???

So do I.........Do we perhaps try to fit them into a system that does not suit their style of play?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 08:48:17 PM »
Don't forget Speight and McDonald.
 Pay em a low wage with a big goal bonus

THE DUKE

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 03:37:12 PM »
When is the draw for the next round hope we take it seriously it is all we have.

Gordon Chilvers

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 03:41:29 PM »
I would think it is on Radio Norfolk sports report tonight. Fancy taking on Fakenham. We owe them one for a defeat at Carrow Road a few years back.

Ap

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2017, 05:07:30 PM »
I would think it is on Radio Norfolk sports report tonight. Fancy taking on Fakenham. We owe them one for a defeat at Carrow Road a few years back.

Local Report 630 tonight.

I remember that Fakenham defeat. Think we'd had a league game the day before so fielded a number of reserves and got destroyed by Fakenham.