Author Topic: New Manager  (Read 6172 times)

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
Re: New Manager
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2017, 09:47:54 PM »
Why is a new manager needed?

Mr. Cleeve wants to be in the football league next season!
 :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2017, 06:48:08 AM »
Interesting appointment, be interesting to see what's happening with the budget next year, as it would seem odd to get a big name and then not give him big money. A rock snd roll few years with one, maybe two promotions ahead, before we get to a league we can't just buy our way through.

12 tickets seem a certainty now.

Also, be interesting to see how many Norwich/Wolves loanees we have next season.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2017, 07:20:41 AM »
I hope we don't become a training academy for loan players who are in/out shake it all about.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2017, 07:55:01 AM »
I feel glass half full rather than half empty on all of this.     The Chairman has well and truly set his stall out early in readiness for next season.  Culverhouse gets a couple of Months to get himself bedded in at this level and to see what he has as a squad, gets to work with them on the training ground for a few sessions as well.  Next season does now start here.

Could be some interesting friendlies for next season, for change.   Who Knows, maybe we will see the likes of  Dagenham, Wolves, even  Norwich gracing The Walks.  They could bring a few K into the kitty to kick start the season.. You think with a high profile name coming in that would also have an added value in commercial terms and should certainly raise the profile of the Club.

I think Cleeve should be applauded on taking this bold step.  Fortune favours the brave and all of that.   

Does the whole project need a massive amount of extra finance, who knows, if so where is it coming from?  I am sure Cleeve has the answers to all of this.   

I wouldn't have thought Culverhouse would throw up a steady job at Dagenham to walk into a nothing situation.  he must have been impressed by what the owner has to say and what his vision was for the future.

Sure their will be negatives, but  It all seems  lift off for next season.  lets see if the fans buy into this one.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2017, 08:06:37 AM »
Would have thought the proposed academy comes into the overall picture.

Paul Hampson

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2017, 09:06:02 AM »
Well I didn't see this coming.
I was expecting Lee Stevenson to stand in.  Is this going to be a repeat off Lynn's past big name in and money drys up.
I hope not and I hope we turn it around.  With a big name will it bring more sponsorship and advertising  in. Will he want a assistant manager like Lee Stevenson who knows the players and how they work. I wonder how much publicity this will bring to the club lets strike while the iron is hot.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2017, 10:26:27 AM »
Some good points raised about I.C. First, lets give him a chance some of you have already thrown in the towel, he has a few matches left
to look at the squad, and try different styles, I for one cannot see many players leaving, they will want to prove them selves and they have time to do it. Marcus Rose wanted to know why Setch wasn't given the extra money for a striker, well his history of getting in strikers speaks for itself. IC  will not know any of the players, so there will be a no mates culture and it will all start on a level playing field. as for Saturday at Hitchin I will be pleased if we add another draw to the list, as they are a good team. Good luck Ian, you will soon know if you are failing!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2017, 12:31:45 PM »
Culverhouse should indeed bring something else to the party and his coaching skills should be above what we have had previously.

However the way it has all bee done smell more fishy than one of Baldricks apple pies.  I sense that forces were at work within the Club or at least on the peripheral of the Club who would have brokered this deal.  I would suggest this deal has been simmering for sometime.  It of course setch was the last to know. 

I wonder how many times the Cock crowed ?