Author Topic: New manager  (Read 3049 times)

Loopy,linnet

• View Profile
New manager
« on: February 22, 2017, 05:23:33 PM »
What's people's thoughts on culverhouse being appointed manager

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: New manager
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 05:27:52 PM »
Has a reputation of being a good coach.  I guess it will be interesting to hear what his remit will be  with being Full time. 

Keith Webb was full time as was Setch for a spell under Buster when handling the commercial side.

For me it's a positive exciting move.  How about you Loppy ?

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 05:34:48 PM »
Hopefully he has learnt from his mistakes at Villa
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Realist

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 06:09:05 PM »
This is the same sort of signing as Julian J which effectively "bust" the club last time. The club is where they are and have been , a level that is sustainable and has good moments and bad ..but promotion to and relegation from the League above always possible..The likes of R&D , Histon etc have tried this as well as many other clubs , the evidence is it does not work...

The most likely scenario is a quick burst up the Leagues  with former Norwich , Colchester and maybe even Villa players , and then financial difficulties and meltdown. We all know this , THEREFORE WE JUST HAVE TO WONDER WHY DOES SOME SILLY MAN WITH MONEY DO SUCH A SILLY DEAD?.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 06:10:23 PM »
Obviously wish him well..........It is going to be interesting time ahead of next season.

Loopy,linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 06:25:17 PM »
Has a reputation of being a good coach.  I guess it will be interesting to hear what his remit will be  with being Full time. 

Keith Webb was full time as was Setch for a spell under Buster when handling the commercial side.

For me it's a positive exciting move.  How about you Loppy ?
how many coaches have stepped up to management and failed miserably,culverhouse hasn't come cheap so do the budget get cut for players or the chairman throwing money into it and everyone knows what happened the last time a money man done that,

Loopy,linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 06:28:14 PM »
I'm not a lover of the trust but for once I'm glad they are here because I believe we in for a rollercoaster ride the way this is heading

Gazza

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 06:32:08 PM »
A lot of people during his time at Carrow road with Paul lambert said that it was Culverhouse that was responsible for the clubs success

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 06:39:46 PM »
I think we should at least give him a chance??!!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 06:40:12 PM »
People will obviously work out a full time Manager of the calibre of Culverhouse won't come cheap.  Will the remit be paying decent money to bring players in or go down the route of developing on young players from within the County ?

Interesting times coming up.  Maybe Cleeve has a new investor coming in who is going to throw silly money at the project, 

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2017, 06:48:07 PM »
Think it would be a great opportunity to arrange a fans forum to introduce the new Manager so the fans cnd see and hear what he is all about and also  Stephen Cleeve to lay out his plans for the future and give us his view on the state of union almost one year in.  Would make for an interesting night.

Where's Backie to see if this is an idea ?

Bovril

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2017, 07:04:51 PM »
I'm not a lover of the trust but for once I'm glad they are here because I believe we in for a rollercoaster ride the way this is heading
Have a big slice of pie loopy and join up  :scarf: be humble ha,ha,ha,ha

Julian 0812_f

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2017, 07:25:26 PM »
Chin & Webb mk2?

ikonandy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2017, 08:03:59 AM »
Very sad to see Gary go but at the same time very excited about Ian Culverhouse becoming manager.  Next season will be very exciting for sure one way or another  :cup2: