Author Topic: HITCHIN away  (Read 11179 times)

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
Re: HITCHIN away
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2017, 08:20:19 PM »
Changed your tune re Trust Loops! you can trust the Trust to be here with? when needed there are plans afoot in the event of.
i haven't changed my tune ,I understand the concept of a trust but I still wouldn't trust a few on the trust ,but they can be removed easily, I have always supported the club no matter what,,say what you want about buster he kept it within its means ,now we have slick back throwing money at it ,he has lied and that don't bode well with me always brought up never trust a liar

:thanks: :clap: :clap: :clap:

little John

• A LYNN BOI/ BOR/ BUH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2017, 08:20:58 PM »
Just back from seeing that excuse of a team.How NOT to impress the new manager.Surprised they didn't get about 10 goals today.
 Be glad to see the back of half of those overrated clowns.

Bovril

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2017, 08:21:28 PM »
Changed your tune re Trust Loops! you can trust the Trust to be here with? when needed there are plans afoot in the event of.
i haven't changed my tune ,I understand the concept of a trust but I still wouldn't trust a few on the trust ,but they can be removed easily, I have always supported the club no matter what,,say what you want about buster he kept it within its means ,now we have slick back throwing money at it ,he has lied and that don't bode well with me always brought up never trust a liar

Who don't you trust then loopy and why ???

Julian 0812_f

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2017, 08:48:47 PM »
Lynn would of lost today, whoever was manager, but to turn up and not try, as people have said is unacceptable. It let's everyone down, the club and especially the Lynn fans who spent hard earned money, who went to support the club.
Sounds like there could be a brand new team next season.

Realist

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2017, 09:04:23 PM »
Well Smithy Boy, who was it ?, you heard it...The manager is always to blame, and today that was a very bold Culverhouse who chose to front up to a football match,
Knowing nothing about the League he was in or the players he was leading ..

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2017, 09:28:46 PM »
We have to look forward - agonisinģ about the rights or wrongs of the decision to remove Setch is pointless. What we need now is a squad of players who want to play for the club and its supporters. Those that don't should be immediately shown the door and it would appear there were a few today in that category. Even if that means paying them off. At a time like this even one bad apple can cause untold damage.

Bovril

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2017, 09:39:40 PM »
I wonder who the player was smithy so realist could know ???

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2017, 12:47:01 AM »
I went today and that "performance" was a complete shambles - think Weymouth at Home, then double it and times it by ten........and it still wasn't anywhere near as bad as today's "effort"

But for me, the blame doesn't lie with the new manager (or even the old one) it was the players who from one to eleven let the club down, the fans down, themselves down.

Hitchin are a decent side and I've always said that I can accept defeat, as losing is part of football - from the very top to the bottom.

However, what I cannot and will not accept is lack of effort and conviction - and those players today were embarrassing......only those of us who were unfortunate enough to be there will be able to emphasise just how bad they were.

In the Second Half, Steve Cleeve came and spoke with some of us fans - now I'm always sceptical of our chairman (until proven otherwise) but he didn't have to do that, I think he genuinely shared our pain today.

The one positive from today is that Ian Culverhouse will now see what he has inherited, it's a sharp wake up call for him - I did notice that pre match he spoke on the pitch to each player individually which seemed that little bit more professional.......but obviously didn't have any benefit in the long run!!
The warm up was slightly different too.

Next week vs Stratford will be interesting to say the least!!

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2017, 09:16:26 AM »
I went today and that "performance" was a complete shambles - think Weymouth at Home, then double it and times it by ten........and it still wasn't anywhere near as bad as today's "effort"

But for me, the blame doesn't lie with the new manager (or even the old one) it was the players who from one to eleven let the club down, the fans down, themselves down.

Hitchin are a decent side and I've always said that I can accept defeat, as losing is part of football - from the very top to the bottom.

However, what I cannot and will not accept is lack of effort and conviction - and those players today were embarrassing......only those of us who were unfortunate enough to be there will be able to emphasise just how bad they were.

In the Second Half, Steve Cleeve came and spoke with some of us fans - now I'm always sceptical of our chairman (until proven otherwise) but he didn't have to do that, I think he genuinely shared our pain today.

The one positive from today is that Ian Culverhouse will now see what he has inherited, it's a sharp wake up call for him - I did notice that pre match he spoke on the pitch to each player individually which seemed that little bit more professional.......but obviously didn't have any benefit in the long run!!

Walks - I was also at the match. You say that Hitchin are a "decent side;" Hitchin are an excellent side! They have only lost two matches in the league since the end of August and are the best SPL team that have played at The Walks this season.

You state that the players lacked conviction and effort.

Setchell has been manager for  - what is it 7 years  - and the players clearly had a strong bond with Setchell - you can tell this by the way that his sides have played for him over the years. This strong manager/player connection cannot be underestimated. Lynn, a goal down within 2 minutes, away from home, to the best team in the league, with no: Quigley, Stevenson or Hawkins and with all the emotional turmoil of this week, looked shell-shocked and were torn apart by a step 2 challenging Hitchin.

The second half, despite conceding early on was much better. Lynn compressed the pitch and put much more pressure on the ball. In the first half, they gave Hitchin far too much time and space. Hitchin clearly had the game won and were probably not fully "at it" in the second half but Lynn clearly improved and Culverhouse was clearly giving them instructions on the pitch that were having a positive impact.

The team that played yesterday are probably 3/4 players short of being a team that can compete with the best in the SPL. Yes, they were poor for much of the game yesterday but these are human beings not machines and I defy anyone to be able to come out of a week like the one they've had at Lynn without being emotionally scathed.

They'll get over it and Culverhouse  (with the addition of 3/4 new players) will improve them.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2017, 11:50:55 AM »

Walks - I was also at the match. You say that Hitchin are a "decent side;" Hitchin are an excellent side! They have only lost two matches in the league since the end of August and are the best SPL team that have played at The Walks this season.

Setchell has been manager for  - what is it 7 years  - and the players clearly had a strong bond with Setchell - you can tell this by the way that his sides have played for him over the years. This strong manager/player connection cannot be underestimated. Lynn, a goal down within 2 minutes, away from home, to the best team in the league, with no: Quigley, Stevenson or Hawkins and with all the emotional turmoil of this week, looked shell-shocked and were torn apart by a step 2 challenging Hitchin.

The second half, despite conceding early on was much better. Lynn compressed the pitch and put much more pressure on the ball. In the first half, they gave Hitchin far too much time and space. Hitchin clearly had the game won and were probably not fully "at it" in the second half but Lynn clearly improved and Culverhouse was clearly giving them instructions on the pitch that were having a positive impact.

The team that played yesterday are probably 3/4 players short of being a team that can compete with the best in the SPL. Yes, they were poor for much of the game yesterday but these are human beings not machines and I defy anyone to be able to come out of a week like the one they've had at Lynn without being emotionally scathed.

They'll get over it and Culverhouse  (with the addition of 3/4 new players) will improve them.

Well said Stan.  :clap: :clap: :clap: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

hickathrift

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2017, 12:48:04 PM »

Well said Stan.  :clap: :clap: :clap: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Well its interesting to hear all these opinions and how they differ!!!........A friend of my who lives near Hitchin went to see the match and told me that KL were like "Rabbits in Headlights"!!.....They had a look of NO motivation and NO fight!....That is sad to hear!

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2017, 01:32:03 PM »
Nothing to do with me lol

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2017, 01:36:01 PM »
I would suggest  Culverhouse will have learned more about what he has inherited in this 5-0 thrashing than he would about a 1-0 victory.  Let's not forget this same team/squad lost 6-1 at home only a few short weeks ago.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2017, 01:45:38 PM »
I would suggest  Culverhouse will have learned more about what he has inherited in this 5-0 thrashing than he would about a 1-0 victory.  Let's not forget this same team/squad lost 6-1 at home only a few short weeks ago.

Let's not also forget that this same team, after losing 6-1, got a point away at Merthyr only three days later and have remained unbeaten until yesterday.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2017, 02:55:20 PM »
Spot on Stanley, so I think that speaks volumes.  Nothing to do with ability is it.