Author Topic: BIG NAMES AND GOALS  (Read 5691 times)

Julian 0812_f

• View Profile
Re: BIG NAMES AND GOALS
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2017, 07:14:37 PM »
How about 2 former England international Strikers in Barry Bridges and Dion Dublin

With reference to Dion Dublin he was about 17 years old and was a centre back on loan from Cambridge United, what happened after was a big money move to Man U.]

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2017, 06:16:43 PM »
What constitutes a 'Big name' Player ?

We have had the likes of Sutch, Joachim, Johnson, Carey, Mulryne, Carey Fleming, Bell,  etc in recent years  with a varying degree of success. 

I guess the last ex-pro Striker who was a big hit would be Danny Bloomfield, and real fox in the box.  Teamed up well with a Defty for a while.
Dont think he was a pro.Had great season at Cambs City but  Matt Nolan was a superior player and i think im correct in saying had a better scoing rate than Bloomfield.None beat Kev Ready in my time though.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2017, 06:34:32 PM »
Martin Coupe

YouSayItBest

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2017, 06:37:43 PM »
David Staff

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2017, 06:49:18 PM »
What constitutes a 'Big name' Player ?

We have had the likes of Sutch, Joachim, Johnson, Carey, Mulryne, Carey Fleming, Bell,  etc in recent years  with a varying degree of success. 

I guess the last ex-pro Striker who was a big hit would be Danny Bloomfield, and real fox in the box.  Teamed up well with a Defty for a while.
Dont think he was a pro.Had great season at Cambs City but  Matt Nolan was a superior player and i think im correct in saying had a better scoing rate than Bloomfield.None beat Kev Ready in my time though.

Matt Nolan was IMO a very talented striker but occasionally one with an attitude problem.

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2017, 08:40:36 AM »
Coupe and Ready were not big names when they came just hungry 62 goals in one season 31 each i think, very big names for ever after.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2017, 05:59:10 PM »
Long suffering. Danny B was definitely under contract at Carrow Road.  In fact I think his first spell with us was on loan from The Canaries.  Admin ?

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2017, 10:22:01 AM »
Long suffering. Danny B was definitely under contract at Carrow Road.  In fact I think his first spell with us was on loan from The Canaries.  Admin ?

Yes he was. October 2001 to January 2002. He was injured in his final game of that loan spell in the FA Trophy at Morecambe and subsequently returned to Norwich.