Author Topic: Stratford today  (Read 3479 times)

Linnet1947

• View Profile
Stratford today
« on: March 04, 2017, 05:21:08 PM »
A comfortable 3 points for Lynn today. Stratford hardly had a shot on goal. Several outstanding performances  and a nice easy game for IC in his first home game in charge.  Clearly it's early days for IC, but the team wanted to play for him today. Onward and upward. Let's try and get as high up as possible.  The king is dead - long live the king !

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Re: Stratford today
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 06:13:53 PM »
Some great performances by Kurtis Revan, Shaun McWilliams, Jacek Zielonka in attack and Tom Ward flanked by Ryan Fryatt and Chris Ward in defence.

Stratford were not much of an opposition and never threatened our goal, apart from a great cross from the left which Pedro plucked off the head of the striker with a flying save.

There was a lot of sly shoves in the back which were hardly noticed by the ref. Stratford No2 was a drama queen and tried several times to get Toby sent off after his initial yellow which was never deserved.

Sensible coaching from IC who applauded all players when they did something well. He came off the pitch well ahead of the players to allow them to receive fan's applause alone.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 06:32:06 PM »
How did the new lad play Mike

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 06:58:15 PM »
How did the new lad play Mike

Inconspicuous

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 07:24:00 PM »
That bad really

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2017, 07:32:17 PM »
I thought that we were very impressive for the first half hour or so and it was good to see players who looked comfortable within the system that we played but then we lost some momentum. When  IC finds that elusive striker who can hold the ball up etc that will make such a difference IMO.

Early days but a good all round performance.

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2017, 07:38:07 PM »
A good win today against an exceptionally poor Stratford side. One of the most non-animated benches I have seen; their manager/coach appeared at one point to indicate to one of their supporters that deep into the second half they had won their first corner.
Defensively we were sound, but our lack of goal scoring forwards and forwards to hold the ball was again evident. Toby and Dylan both fairly anonymous today. My m.o.m. would be Jacez or Tom. Also, good to see Chris Ward in the team today; he also played well. The new lad from Lincoln was o.k.

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2017, 12:14:18 AM »
So much better than last week - not just the win, but the whole attitude of the squad.

I thought the new lad from Lincoln played well, bearing in mind it's new surroundings, team mates etc. he done everything simple and thats a good thing.

Yes, Stratford were poor but as Coastal said, up top we are really lightweight - midfield, defence and goalkeeper, we're not a million miles away from being very good.......we need strikers!!

Keyr1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2017, 11:11:33 AM »
I was lucky enough to Sit with Cleeve during the game yesterday and he spoke at great depth about next season and it was a very interesting chat over the course of the game.

He surprised me with his interest in the Non-League setup as a whole and was forever checking up on the clubs around us and chatting about ideas, commercially and on/off the field and it seems like he genuinely wants certain things to occur and it does sound promising. Some things we spoke about I don't feel it right to speak of here but there will be some very good moves in the summer and some very big steps made, with the Pitch being a keen piece of the Jigsaw that he wishes and wants to correct and have right for next year. He sees Ian as a big part of the jigsaw and sees the summer as not so much of a revolving door but more of a fill in the blanks type of market.

Culverhouse sounds like he wants Shaun again next year (McWilliams) - but I wouldn't be surprised if N'hampton want him to get experience from the next steps up, so unless Edinburugh and Culverhouse fall back on the years they have known each other then I don't see him back next year which is a shame. It sounds like he wants permanent signings made and wants the right sort, he has and will have the budget to do so and he wants to use the next 9 games to scout thoroughly for the exact fits to the Squad moving forward. I asked about new links moving forward and placed the idea to go back to Lincoln again, especially after the FA Cup run as it would open the doors to new young players from them wanting game time if Lincoln spend in the summer and attempt to hit the football league by doing so.

I asked about Friendlies in the Summer and he would love a couple of big side games, with 1 being a Norwich 11 and Ian is trying hard to accomplish this. I would love that myself, bringing in local fans of both and hopefully giving us the chance to show a passion and bring local fans in if their sides are not at home.

I asked about Fryatt coming back into the fold and it erre'd towards there being offers their on the Scouting side for him - he was a big part of the side and I would welcome him back - I would believe you all would too.

It sounds like he wants the Academy / res / First team to all work A lot closer next year and moving forward and wants to bed in those players that he felt weren't nurtured enough in the past - your Hiliard's , Frohawks, Ward's, Shipps' etc. He sees a lot of work to do and a lot of work already being done and just wants the club to move forward. I was surprised at his openness about it all -and I know you will ask but he neither confirmed nor denied the Grant Holt rumours and simply said Ian is doing his job and he will try and get the commercial side moving forward too. Read into that as you will :)

Sounds like next year will be a BIG year in the new clubs future and I welcome the fresh approach and views and opinions given and will attempt to support the side at every opportunity I can.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2017, 12:35:04 PM »
A 2 0 win against a poor side.
 The crowd was around our average for this season, I expected a few more to turn out.
But a win is a win, so I'm happy.
 :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2017, 12:38:49 PM »
I thought that yesterday was a step in the right direction which is what the rest of this and pre next season should be all about

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2017, 02:44:58 PM »
Thought Tom Ward was imperial Chris Ward tired but was good  Jacek excellent Shane McWilliams also good The Stratford number 2 was a disgrace rest of the team very poor we looked much better and Ian Culverhouse was vocal and encouraging :scarf:

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2017, 04:41:20 PM »
I thought that yesterday was a step in the right direction which is what the rest of this and pre next season should be all about

Agreed Rod. I could see his impact on the team already.