Author Topic: King's Lynn Town 2 Stratford Town 0. Ian Culverhouse interview.  (Read 2647 times)

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
Re: King's Lynn Town 2 Stratford Town 0. Ian Culverhouse interview.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 04:40:20 PM »
I like what I hear from Culverhouse, particularly the pathway from the U18s and reserves into the first team and not wanting to get loan players in if he can help it. He sounds like a man without an ego: lots of practical, sensible ideas.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 08:50:52 AM »
Looks Like he has won you over Stan, despite initially having doubts.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 11:40:02 AM »
I thought he came over as a pragmatist - much common sense and no silly promises. Good stuff!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 01:09:45 PM »
Have to agree Rod, the more I hear from this guy the more I like what he has to say.  Giving Chris Ward a start Saturday must have been a real fillip to all the players in the Reserves.  Plus hearing Culverhouse say he wanted a clear path from 18-Reserves-First team, must also give a feel good factor to the players.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 01:56:27 PM »
For me Chris eptomises much of what was wrong under the old regime, in that his talents were never given reasonable opportunity. Whether he succeeds in becoming a first team regular time will tell but at least now he will be given the chance to prove his worth

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 06:28:50 AM »
Looks Like he has won you over Stan, despite initially having doubts.

I have not had or expressed any doubts about Culverhouse's ability to improve the team. My first post after the Hitchin game said as much Mallard. My bone of contention was that people were too quick to solely criticise the team after the Hitchin game, weren't taking account of what must have been a difficult week, a very difficult match and failed to acknowledge that even though it was Culverhouse's first game he should take some responsibility for that performance. On his post match interview after the Stratford game he alluded to not getting things right for that first game. I have every confidence in Culverhouse. I stood next to the dugout at the Hitchin game and thought his management of the team was very impressive. You could see evidence of his coaching against Stratford and I applaud his team changes for the Stratford game.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2017, 08:07:45 AM »

Quote from: Stan on February 28, 2017, 06:00:12 PM

The elephant in the room is of course Culverhouse.

Why is no one asking questions about Culverhouse, whose positive credentials as a coach don't appear to extend to his man management by all accounts.

Sorry Stan I must have misunderstood these comments.   

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2017, 04:56:43 PM »
Ian Culverhouse mentioned certain players returning after injury.

One of those was Conor Marshall - what news on that front?   :dontknow: :dontknow:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2017, 06:20:32 PM »

Quote from: Stan on February 28, 2017, 06:00:12 PM

The elephant in the room is of course Culverhouse.

Why is no one asking questions about Culverhouse, whose positive credentials as a coach don't appear to extend to his man management by all accounts.

Sorry Stan I must have misunderstood these comments.
Don't worry Mallard,it's all about context really.
The context of the extract that you have taken from my longer post was a discussion about the causes of Lynn's defeat against Hitchin. I was curious as to: "why is no one asking questions about Culverhouse," because from my own experience as a manager, albeit at a much lower level than Step 3, you still have to set a team up and motivate them, even if you have just taken over the side: it's still your responsibility. Others have posted that Culverhouse: "by all accounts," has some "history" when it comes to managing players - I don't know if you are aware of this - so within that context I was simply asking why no one was raising this as an issue.
As I have said, Culverhouse admitted in the Stratford interview that he had made some mistakes when setting the team up for Hitchin.

It would of course be unfair to judge him on that first game; my first post on this issue said that I felt Culverhouse would get it right. You don't appear to have noticed that but not to worry.