Author Topic: Tonight's game  (Read 3323 times)

rod

• View Profile
Re: Tonight's game
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2017, 11:53:19 AM »
They are just two amongst several who were treated differently rather than equally at the starting off point..Wholly self defeating when it becomes obvious that you are being used rather than developed and potentially so damaging at a time when a young players confidence may well be quite fragile?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2017, 12:44:37 PM »
If the boy was pushed into the firstbte spotlight by the Manager then you have to think he is ready for that level.
In hindsight he should have been dipped in and out, either that or sent out on loan for the season to a step 4 or 5 club.  Too good for step 6 not ready for step 3.  Don't think the Club did the boy any favours

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2017, 12:47:51 PM »
By now Ian will no exactly what he needs and imo neither Toby or Dillion will make the team next season

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2017, 03:19:54 PM »
Dylan has proved that like certain other "seasoned" strikers we have had recently that in the box (with the right service) he knows where the goal is. Even in the first team he burst on to the scene as an exciting player and bagged himself a couple of early goals.

Now he looks short on confidence who (if anybody) has actually put their arm around him so to speak and tried to pick him up again? I used to think he benefitted from the guidance of Stevo on the pitch, but now he is no longer at the club is anyone offering him the same kind of support?

Young, raw talent can be exciting, but unless it's being nurtured in the right way the lad will struggle to improve. He is still young and I still think he has the potential to be a real success story for us, just has to be handled correctly.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2017, 06:39:23 PM »
By now Ian will no exactly what he needs and imo neither Toby or Dillion will make the team next season

After Edge's last few games, its clear that for whatever reason he isn't thr player he was when he burst onto the scene. His confidence is shot. He needs a long run at a lower level, maybe a loan til Christmas at a Step 4 club. Get him games at a level above the reserves, but below the first team. He's too much potential to just cast adrift.

Hilliard, does a lot of work, and he reminds me of Heskey. Doesn't get a lot of goals, much maligned by a lot of people for said lack of goals, but keeps getting picked by managers who value the work-rate. Hilliard and A.N. Other would be who I expect to play up top at the start of next year, with A. New as an attacking midfielder.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2017, 06:46:50 PM »
Dylan has proved that like certain other "seasoned" strikers we have had recently that in the box (with the right service) he knows where the goal is. Even in the first team he burst on to the scene as an exciting player and bagged himself a couple of early goals.

Now he looks short on confidence who (if anybody) has actually put their arm around him so to speak and tried to pick him up again? I used to think he benefitted from the guidance of Stevo on the pitch, but now he is no longer at the club is anyone offering him the same kind of support?

Young, raw talent can be exciting, but unless it's being nurtured in the right way the lad will struggle to improve. He is still young and I still think he has the potential to be a real success story for us, just has to be handled correctly.

I agree - but the need to encourage and nurture does not just apply to Dylan......Proper development rather than playing at it.