Author Topic: More like the close season?  (Read 8731 times)

Dennis Stone

• View Profile
Re: More like the close season?
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2015, 06:33:39 PM »
The Reserves are what they are, resurrected after Buster/Setch didn't want them
I keep on reading this , perhaps its my age , but I thought that all Buster did was keep to his budget and Setch wouldn't have had a lot of choice in the matter. The reason the reserves were dropped was because Boon wanted extra monies for his first team. A thing he had done at clubs in the past. As always I stand to be corrected.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2015, 06:53:27 PM »
Boom has been gone since 2011. The likes of Tazzy and his team have kept the Reserves alive. No one else. The way they have grown their support should be applauded, whatever they are doing to get people through gates the people involved in the first should copy.

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2015, 07:03:33 PM »
I think the sum of 14 000 was stated as cost to run the reserves when last run by club,if so the efforts of the current commitee even more to be applauded,plus many players have gone on to play in first team.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2015, 07:15:52 PM »
And with gates like Saturday's 370 odd what would Setch do with out the locals coming through ? That kind of gates isn't going to support too many expensive imports

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2015, 07:43:59 PM »
Boom has been gone since 2011. The likes of Tazzy and his team have kept the Reserves alive. No one else. The way they have grown their support should be applauded, whatever they are doing to get people through gates the people involved in the first should copy.

erm, run by committed people, embracing the community, and all surplus money staying within the reserve set up.  lets hope it stays the same next season. but i somehow doubt it.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2015, 08:10:31 PM »

erm, run by committed people, embracing the community, and all surplus money staying within the reserve set up.  lets hope it stays the same next season. but i somehow doubt it.

Surplus money ? I thought it was a hand to mouth operation. Sounds like the people behind the Reserves have been even more successful at running the club. All credit to them. Sounds like when they join up with Club next season, they will come bearing gifts.

Mcl1970

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2015, 10:18:35 PM »
I doubt that its running at a surplus. If it was and knowing that Club is going to run Reserves again next season, there would be no point waiting before funds were transfered. Setch could use money now!
Sorry but why would we give money to setch when we need it to run the reserves for the rest of the season ??? Some people can talk utter rubbish sometimes. :banghead; :banghead;