Author Topic: Retained list  (Read 6682 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Retained list
« on: April 24, 2017, 08:11:28 AM »
With the season now done can we expect to hear of Culverhouse's retained list anytime soon ?

Ok guys you are in his seat.   ideally who would like like to keep for next season ?

I will go with.....

Street
Fryatt
Yong
Ward T
Ward
Gaughran
Castellan
Cullan
Hawkins
Edge
Harnwell
Shipp
Warburton
Pearson

If we work on the idea of an 18 man squad then that leaves room for 4 newbies coming in.   Couple of strikers and Midfield players maybe ?    Lot of defenders in there, maybe one too many.

Havent factored in Mettam either, would the fans like to see him back with us next season ?  maybe we would see what he is all about under a different Manager ?

hickathrift

• View Profile
Re: Retained list
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 08:58:27 AM »
With the season now done can we expect to hear of Culverhouse's retained list anytime soon ?

Ok guys you are in his seat.   ideally who would like like to keep for next season ?

I will go with.....

Street
Fryatt
Yong
Ward T
Ward
Gaughran
Castellan
Cullan
Hawkins
Edge
Harnwell
Shipp
Warburton
Pearson

If we work on the idea of an 18 man squad then that leaves room for 4 newbies coming in.   Couple of strikers and Midfield players maybe ?    Lot of defenders in there, maybe one too many.

Havent factored in Mettam either, would the fans like to see him back with us next season ?  maybe we would see what he is all about under a different Manager ?

Street
Tom Ward
Yong
Hawkins
Warburton
(That's it for me!)

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 09:16:20 AM »
Hick,  that sounds more like revolution when I think we will be more looking at evolution. 

Culverhouse has been very calm and calculated since his arrival.   Sure he will bring in fresh bodies and im sure a few will depart.  I see it more with the guys coaching skills he will get the very best out of what he decides to keep. 

hickathrift

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 09:44:10 AM »
Hick,  that sounds more like revolution when I think we will be more looking at evolution. 

Culverhouse has been very calm and calculated since his arrival.   Sure he will bring in fresh bodies and im sure a few will depart.  I see it more with the guys coaching skills he will get the very best out of what he decides to keep.

Mall,

Not a revolution just my opinion to who I think should stay. I just don't think the rest (apart from Leon Mettam if he returns?)are good enough imo.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 10:36:56 AM »
I agree with the original post, I have said all season, we are just a regular goal scorer away from being a good team.
The amount of games we have been in control, only to concede late on has cost us dearly, in points lost. We need to be able to finish teams off when we are on top.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 10:52:53 AM »

Or will they wait until after the Cup Final?

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 11:28:36 AM »

Or will they wait until after the Cup Final?

Driving back after the match on Saturday, Culverhouse and Clunan said on Radio Norfolk that Culverhouse is meeting with the players on Thursday.

From the squad, I'd retain

Street
Yong
Tom Ward
Gaughran
Hawkins
Shipp
Warburton
Clunan - though he frustrates me!!
Castellan

It'd be nice to be able to sign Keegan from Lincoln too if possible as I think he's got something about him

I personally would deffo give Mettam another chance.
I think we're all agreed that Culverhouse is much more professional in his approach and I think Mettam would relish and flourish with that.

We're desperately short of leaders / characters within the squad, so I hope this is something which is addressed in the summer

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 12:41:27 PM »
Metts could do well with the right service something like big Sam has done with Bentakie can't spell it but it's something like that ,I don't like to see centre forwards chasing after balls the ball should be delivered to their feet

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 12:48:03 PM »
Metts could do well with the right service something like big Sam has done with Bentakie can't spell it but it's something like that ,I don't like to see centre forwards chasing after balls the ball should be delivered to their feet
John Sands! :scarf:

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2017, 01:10:19 PM »
John Sands! :scarf:
That will cost  :countingmoney:
On contract at Needham Market.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 01:26:24 PM »
I would be closer to WitS than Mallard, although I can see Fryatt and Chris Ward staking claims if we go into the season playing with a back three and there are doubts about Catsallan's recovery (if he is fit then I fully expect him to become the standout player next season under Culverhouse's guidance).  I am a bit more pro revolution rather than evolution and the loss of virtually all the 'experienced heads' from this season's squad should allow IC to get in some much needed leadership.

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2017, 01:40:26 PM »
No ones mentioned Marshall, why not?

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2017, 01:51:11 PM »
I'd have:

Street
Yong
T Ward
Fryatt
Castellan
Zielonka
Marshall
Clunan
Hilliard

With:
Edge
Harnwell
Shipp
C Ward

Being integrated in further from the reserves, but probably still a bit pre-mature to fully promote them from the reserves, as we've all seen what that did for Edge's confidence this year.

Having said that, unlike previous years, there isn't anyone in my eyes that need's to be shown the door as being totally outclassed. I'd be content with seeing any of this year's players again next year.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2017, 02:18:47 PM »

Don't know how Mettam has been performing generally but after initially scoring regularly then getting injured he has not been in any way prolific. Bradley Wells being Spalding's main striker with the second highest goal tally in the league.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2017, 02:36:28 PM »
Bradley Wells, Wont he be rather busy  presenting The Chase ?  :laughcry:

Unless The Chairman has rubber stamped a bigger budget for next season then there has to be departures to bring in fresh blood.  Plus also this current squad was only good enough to end up half way.  Would it be good enough to challenge for the top 5 next season ?