Author Topic: Saturday v Frome  (Read 3569 times)

Badger Boy

• View Profile
Saturday v Frome
« on: December 08, 2015, 02:42:49 PM »
Hi Linnets,
  Frome Town supporter here and I come in peace. I'm planning to drive up on Saturday with some mates and was wondering just what your pitch is like ie. does it drain well, cut up or get boggy. I see from your site that your Reserve Team match is off tonight is that because of a water logged pitch or saving it for Saturday, incidentally our team are travelling up on Friday taking no chances on motorway hold ups etc. One other question, is there parking at the ground or is it street parking ,
any advice is much appreciated. Here's hoping the game goes ahead and looking forward to it

linnet1968

• View Profile
Re: Saturday v Frome
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 10:05:31 PM »
The pitch drains really well, the only issues are under the stand where the sun doesn't reach and the touchline in that area. Shouldn't be an issue with no game on the pitch for a week.

Would safely assume it was called off early with the secondary measure to ensure that the pitch was fine for Saturday.
It is the first home 1st team league match since Nov 7th and last one until Dec 26th.

Only street parking unless disabled parking applies.

Have a safe journey up

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 10:15:40 PM »
For anyone not travelling there is live second half coverage on BBC Radio Norfolk. Can listen online.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Badger Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 08:19:07 AM »
Thanks Linnet 1968 for the info much appreciated, we intend to set off about 8.30 am and
as I said earlier the team coach is travelling up Friday afternoon, there has been too many incidents of teams arriving late or in Paultons case when they set off to Hitchin not arriving at all due to a motorway accident and the game was postponed.

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 04:53:01 PM »
Safe trip up and credit for such a journey to follow your team, first visit i think.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2015, 10:56:35 AM »
Seems like constant rain all morning any news?  Maybe now is the time for Setch an the FOTL to look at raising money for pitch covers and astroturf sidelines?  :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2015, 11:37:07 AM »
Headline on the "Other Site" - Today's game is ON.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.