Author Topic: FRIENDLIES ANYONE?  (Read 2041 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
FRIENDLIES ANYONE?
« on: May 24, 2017, 06:25:34 PM »
With many teams up and down the country announcing friendlies and a return to training dates, how come we have not announced any games? :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
Re: FRIENDLIES ANYONE?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 06:58:51 PM »
What happened to the Culey Cup? How about resurrecting this and have a away and home against Wisbech. I fancy Michael Frew to score a hat trick in one of the games ( all the goals scored with his head!!) .

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 07:07:06 PM »
There were rumours that the Culey Cup was ferretted away before the official receiver got his hands on it when the old club went bust, other say it was melted down.
Either way, it does not belong to King's Lynn Town FC
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 07:11:57 PM »
Michael Frew is useless with his head - actually it's his jump up to the ball that lets him down. He's either up to early or up to late and he completely misses the ball - nice hair though!!
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Ap

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 10:55:17 PM »
There were rumours that the Culey Cup was ferretted away before the official receiver got his hands on it when the old club went bust, other say it was melted down.
Either way, it does not belong to King's Lynn Town FC

Well if we can't find the Culey cup what about the Norfolk Invitational Cup or perhaps our gaffer could pull some strings and we could play Norwich for the Dairy Crest cup or even persuade Wisbech to dust off the Culey Cup's Fenland cousin the Kinsella cup  :oldman"

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 11:02:23 PM »
A decent cup Wisbech had c.1960 was the Bancroft Cup. I am sure they played a Norwich City side one year and Parson Drove another!! I wonder if that was melted down!
No wonder King John's Jewels have never been found!!

Ap

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 11:05:46 PM »
Wisbech were our perennial Culey opponents but I'm sure we took Diss on 1 season

Richard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 08:56:01 AM »
There was the Culey Festival Cup and the Culey Victory Cup which are mentioned in past match reports and I'm not sure whether the Culey Cup was one of these or a third cup.

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2017, 12:14:50 PM »
Away to Lowestoft on Saturday 5th August
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”