Author Topic: New Badge  (Read 3561 times)

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
New Badge
« on: May 31, 2017, 08:59:33 AM »

TDA

• View Profile
Re: New Badge
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 09:05:43 AM »
Mixed feelings. It's a great design and looks good. However I am a traditionalist and not sure I would have changed it. It will probably grow on me though and it's a better 'brand' logo to put on things.

Grangiecabs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 09:15:57 AM »
Unveiling of a new badge to hide up lack of signings??

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 09:37:21 AM »
Disappointing - there are other clubs called the Linnets and this badge has nothing to link it to the town other than the words. I think a variation on the town badge would have been more appropriate.
The Runcorn Linnets badge has a better look to it, It has a Linnet but still has the town crest.
The linnet over an image of the south gates or red mount would give more of a link to the town.

At least it moves us on from the Chapmans.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 10:46:53 AM »
I like it a lot.
Heralds a new era, a fresh start. Looks modern, and simple to use on merchandise and so on.
A forward step.
COYL!

multilevel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 11:36:55 AM »
Of course purists will object to the "Since 1879" but claiming prior history is something that happens all the time in football. At least we had less than a season out of the game and took over the ground from the old club.

somerset linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 12:23:50 PM »
Perhaps I had too much rum last night but to me it looks like a fish with a beak. Mind you I am blind in one eye.  :shark:

Backie9

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2017, 12:34:15 PM »
The Chairman said to me a few months back that he wanted to change the badge and to be honest i didn't like idea at first, but he said there are many clubs that change their badges, so i done my homework and one badge he told me to go and have a look at was the brentford badge, it looked modern and it was simple. I then done some home work on our badge thanks to some of the information on the blue and gold archive and speaking to admin Richard who is a knowledge of information about the club. Thinking about it the club over the last few decades the club has never really had its own football badge its just a copy of the towns badge which sits on the south lynn roundabout, i think Manchester Uniteds first badge was a badge of the city and then they changed it the more familiar football badge.
http://www.thelinnets.co.uk/archive/archivecrest.php
I also looked at the shirt that Neil Fryatt donated to the club which is hanging up in the club cafe, this actually showed a bird which i believed was a pelican, but we could hardly change our name to the pelicans ! :cry: My idea came from one of the old supporter badges and we all decided to go with a linnet as that is our nickname, i did consult with alot of supporters and people connected with the club about the badge and i did come up with several different designs, and one of them still had the previous conga,dragon logo with the cross ( i researched this and no one can still confirm what it is) but the badge just looked to busy and we wanted something fresh and simple. The previous design of the old badge which was done by the previous owners had somewhat been distorted and this made the badge even harder to recognise the conga eels or dragon ? The date was added and i know some of the purists wont like it as we have reformed a few times
but its the earliest confirmed date of existence and does give us some creditability of being one of the oldest clubs in England.
I know some people wont like the new badge and we expected that but i thought i would just give you a bit of background why we changed it.
Looking Forward to the new season
Backie

Backie9

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2017, 12:37:05 PM »

somerset linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2017, 12:54:08 PM »
Now that's a bird Backie.  :scarf:

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2017, 01:15:07 PM »
Backie, thanks for the explanation and count me in the number who dislike the reference to 1879.  As for the link to the town, I guess that is harder when you are trying to get a more simplified 'logo' style badge which is more easily plastered across different media, so probably a reasonable compromise.

Just a quick reply to Grangiecabs, I thought the club had said nothing would be announced about new players until at least the 1st June, so in that respect this hasn't got anything to do with the lack of signings (or at least the lack of the details being released)

LinnetsSoccer

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2017, 02:01:19 PM »
I really like it. Good work Backie and Cleeve.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2017, 02:46:11 PM »
The date was added and i know some of the purists wont like it as we have reformed a few times
but its the earliest confirmed date of existence and does give us some creditability of being one of the oldest clubs in England.
The earliest evidence of the club existing is May 1868 but its continuity cannot be traced and it is only when it reformed in 1879 that there is anything like a continued existence. The club has reformed a number of times since then but it was only in the 2009-10 season that the club didn't fulfill its fixtures.

GrahamB

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2017, 02:54:37 PM »
Well done to Backie and all concerned regarding badge, signings , friendlies etc everything moving professionally in the right direction. If as much effort was put into helping as there is to moaning and negativity what a club we would have! There has obviously been so much going on in the background now everything coming to light is  positive ....... so refreshing! Looking forward to the new season roll on July.

Loopy,linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2017, 04:31:16 PM »
Unveiling of a new badge to hide up lack of signings??
have to agree will we be paying extra money to watch the same players as last year ,definitely 5/6 players needed for promotion