Author Topic: Hopes & fears for the season!!  (Read 6766 times)

birch95

• View Profile
Hopes & fears for the season!!
« on: June 05, 2017, 08:07:04 PM »
 :scarf: my hopes for the season are a consistent top five place, my fears are a slow start and playing catch up only to miss out in the latter stages :cry:

m a hill

• View Profile
Re: Hopes & fears for the season!!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 10:07:11 PM »
Well we will have to wait and see won't we

THE DUKE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 11:18:31 PM »
A good start to a season depends on summer training and using the friendlys to find out your best side I think the manager will do this the rest is up to the players and the level of support the Club gets to keep a drive going we live in interesting times.

Paddygray

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 05:51:14 AM »
A good start to a season depends on summer training and using the friendlys to find out your best side I think the manager will do this the rest is up to the players and the level of support the Club gets to keep a drive going we live in interesting times.
Despite an indifferent end to the season lets put our faith in the manager and players with the view that we are moving in a different direction to the last few seasons. It would be great if the club can get this message out there and get some bumper crowds and make a thumping atmosphere. Has the club filled the post for someone to create this message, pull in a shirt sponsor etc? This is a concern after going most of last season with no sponsor and thus no shirt sales.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 07:46:14 AM »
Good call that Paddy.    Hopefully the fans can see the re-structuring of things on the field.   Have to like the way Culverhouse has gone about his business thus far.  I am sure there is more to come.   

Like you,  I would love to see things ramped up off the field in terms of sponsorship  PR, Promotions, just generally get the feel good factor back in the Club.     The Opportunity is certainly there.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 01:27:47 PM »
Too early to make predictions IMO......Let's see if it all comes together ahead of the big kick off,,,,,Squad, sponsorship etc etc

THE DUKE

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 05:44:28 PM »
And of course the elusive mascot perhaps a dodo of whom there have been more sightings

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 04:13:22 PM »
My hopes for the season are probaly aligned with the hopes of every other Linnets fan, promotion has to be top of the list closely followed by good cup runs,this has to be aligned with a strong commercial side and a big name sponsor,get these right and you will maintain the fan base and maybe increase it?

My fears for the coming season are starting the season with a high budget,Mr Culverhouse as a full time manager will not be working for peanuts,also that we start the season without a main first team sponsor in place, and little commercial activity,( never did hear of an appointment being made of the events/commercial manager?).  As every other fan is hoping against, if we don't hit the gound running,few bad results,poor cup runs,interest will soon dwindle,meaning a drop in the hard core fan base?

In my opinion this will be a make ore break season, we will or be elated with a promotion season and popping corks, or we will all be drowning our sorrows as the club we love goes bust because of poor management and a lack of funds due to a poor commercial side and dwindling fan base.
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

The Fenman

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 04:22:19 PM »
My hopes for next season are the same as always....  A few beers on a saturday and good old sing song from the sidelines....    the football is secondary.....

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2017, 04:34:36 PM »
Mr Culverhouse as a full time manager will not be working for peanuts

I don't know where they got it from but according to the Lowestoft forum £50k
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

birch95

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2017, 08:00:32 PM »
Good points grissles on your last post  :cup2: but nemesis if the 50k is correct on the managers salary that is quite alarming on the basis of the gillies & frary signings who are yet to prove themselves at this level..   i do hope an established  player is on the horizon for that budget :dontknow: netherless im sure he knows what is needed  :scarf:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2017, 09:18:27 AM »
How many Extra people through the gate would Culverhouse have to add  to justify his full time salary over what was being paid out last term ?   If the guy puts together a winning team playing attractive football, then he would be well worth his salary ( whatever it is)

GrahamB

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2017, 09:37:41 AM »
From what I've heard regarding "the 50K" you can knock the zero off the back and add a 1 in front 15K as we know he also has a sponsored car . He has said he's not in this for the money but as a  stepping stone into management

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2017, 10:06:40 AM »
Why don't we just let Mr Cleeve worry about the financial side of things (after all that is his responsibility) and just look forward to and enjoy being football supporters
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2017, 10:14:31 AM »
From what I've heard regarding "the 50K" you can knock the zero off the back and add a 1 in front 15K as we know he also has a sponsored car . He has said he's not in this for the money but as a  stepping stone into management

is that even above the living wage rate, Graham ?  or have we got him on some kind of YTS scheme ?  :laughcry:   

Lets get real here.