Author Topic: Chairman  (Read 4854 times)

THE DUKE

• View Profile
Chairman
« on: June 06, 2017, 11:12:06 AM »
Could I be wrong I had Mr Cleeve down as a Lovejoy chancer who would leave the Club sooner not later in a worse state than he found it BUT so far so good unless any of you out there know any better. I have been pleasantly surprised and am optimistic about the future it only takes a few hundred more to buy in and we are sorted.

birch95

• View Profile
Re: Chairman
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 05:57:17 AM »
putting his money where his mouth is at the moment, with manager, players, infrastructure etc so far,so good.....as they say" never judge a book by its cover" :dontknow: :scarf:

THE DUKE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 02:47:08 PM »
If I am proved wrong by next seasons results and stated improvements I shall congratulate him to his face.

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 02:54:31 PM »
But we have been here before with Mr Chinn. Other clubs have also risen only to fall again when their benefactor leaves.
Enjoy the ride up  as the chairman lives his dream.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 04:05:47 PM »
putting his money where his mouth is at the moment, with manager, players, infrastructure etc so far,so good.....as they say" never judge a book by its cover" :dontknow: :scarf:
I must agree Duke he is making all the right noises at present . We will have to wait and see . I did bring him to task over his programme notes at last Game of season , still think it was short on excitement and lacking any real focus let's hope for better next season

THE DUKE

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 04:11:59 PM »
All the more reason to join and support the Trust.

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2017, 06:10:53 PM »
Thanks wonderful advice may do so next season

Backie9

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 04:45:48 PM »
Positive times
The Club has had a lot changes since Stephen took over and there are more positives than negatives, everyone wants the club to succeed and I am a supporter like everyone else on here so I want the best for the club, we now have a link with the college and an academy, the elite is now linked to the club and all the teams from under 11 to under 16 will now be wearing the Lynn colours. we have been trying hard to set up the soccer schools with Ray Hall and we will be having three different venues in august for the school holidays. I know a lot people moaned about the ticket machine system and I was sceptical at first but this is a very good system and hopefully more fans will use this next season. We have had treble amount of season tickets sold than last year so that's a big plus for the club. I am pretty sure the sponsor will be sorted in the next few weeks and some other sponsorship deals are all very close. We have had some fantastic volunteers working very hard over the summer painting the place inside and out, Maurice has done a good job on the pitch and it has had a considerable amount of money spent on that, so lets hope we have a better playing surface than we had last season, also a few extra things being done inside the ground which will be announced before the first game against Norwich City. The new home and away shirt is one of the best kits we have had for a long time and I am pretty confident the traditionalists will love the home kit. I know some of you didn't like the new badge but as many of you liked it, lets hope it brings us some luck into the new season !
Looking forward to the new season and future, speak to you all soon
Backie

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2017, 05:45:21 PM »
Positive times
The Club has had a lot changes since Stephen took over and there are more positives than negatives, everyone wants the club to succeed and I am a supporter like everyone else on here so I want the best for the club, we now have a link with the college and an academy, the elite is now linked to the club and all the teams from under 11 to under 16 will now be wearing the Lynn colours. we have been trying hard to set up the soccer schools with Ray Hall and we will be having three different venues in august for the school holidays. I know a lot people moaned about the ticket machine system and I was sceptical at first but this is a very good system and hopefully more fans will use this next season. We have had treble amount of season tickets sold than last year so that's a big plus for the club. I am pretty sure the sponsor will be sorted in the next few weeks and some other sponsorship deals are all very close. We have had some fantastic volunteers working very hard over the summer painting the place inside and out, Maurice has done a good job on the pitch and it has had a considerable amount of money spent on that, so lets hope we have a better playing surface than we had last season, also a few extra things being done inside the ground which will be announced before the first game against Norwich City. The new home and away shirt is one of the best kits we have had for a long time and I am pretty confident the traditionalists will love the home kit. I know some of you didn't like the new badge but as many of you liked it, lets hope it brings us some luck into the new season !
Looking forward to the new season and future, speak to you all soon
Backie

On paper things are starting to come together,just  a shame a few more volunteers weren't invited to tidy up the ground,always a popular activity? Now it could be time for FOTL to have a bit of a makeover,become a proper supporters club,with a proper elected committee and constitution,this would enable them to make more use of the facillities at the Walks, it would be nice to go back to the thinking a few seasons ago, look at the possibility under the new set up of the FOTL and the Trust maybe coming together on a project or two? King's Lynn Town Football Club being supported properly from all sides would make a big diffference. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

birch95

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2017, 07:06:29 PM »
Well it looks we will have a solid and exciting youth set up for the future/ a new kit/ a new badge, but that won't win or get us promoted will it ?  :sad:

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2017, 07:12:37 PM »
Yes, positive times but how are we different from the Bobbins era? Perhaps more emphasis on youth and potentially these are a financial investment?
If the Chairman walked today the club would almost certainly be wound up as no one could fulfill the players and managers contracts. Let's enjoy the ride up.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Loopy,linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2017, 08:42:40 AM »
Well it looks we will have a solid and exciting youth set up for the future/ a new kit/ a new badge, but that won't win or get us promoted will it ?  :sad:
spot with this post everything looking great but culverhouse was still brought in to get us promoted

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2017, 09:18:07 AM »
has to be an infrastructure in place to both gain promotion and make it stick.  If you get to a level and reach a comfort zone then the next step can be scary.   

When we were at step 5 playing village teams ( in some cases)  then Promotion was a must, and indeed achieved at the 2nd bite of the cherry ( Thanks to Long Buckby not stepping up).  We Also went straight up from step 4 to 3 with a fantastic late run after Coalville blew up.   Now we are at Step 3 we haven't ever really looked like challenging for step 2.  I guess that's why there has been a massive change of personal both in terms of coaching and playing staff. 

Will the new regime be capable of challenging ?  We will find out very shortly.   Certainly the Club on field looks in a far better condition.  However all parts of the jigsaw need to be in place.  Including the fans buying into what is trying to be achieved.