Author Topic: Dylan  (Read 8695 times)

m a hill

• View Profile
Dylan
« on: October 20, 2015, 12:38:48 AM »
With are failer to score goals I would play Dylan from the start he is a natural goal scorer and if he had played all the match on Saturday he would have scored he as no fear in front of goal,I believe that it's a confidence thing when it comes to putting the ball in the net which is something lacking In some of the lads ,I know he's only young but what have we got to lose

hickathrift

• View Profile
Re: Dylan
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 08:52:34 AM »
He is not goal shy that's for sure!...He is a natural goal scorer. How many did he get last night?

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 09:22:56 AM »
It is great that we have so much young goal scoring talent but I am still a bit confused about Jack Frohawk and whether others who perhaps know him better think that he has / is being given a reasonable chance to prove his worth? By way of example I think he scored 24 goals last year and quite often coming off the bench and as I have posted previously I thought he was mighty impressive in pre season against Sudbury.

It all though now seems to be about Dylan so I am just wondering what is the score with Jack? ...I have not seen a mention of how he played against Barton last week?????????

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 09:47:26 AM »
He is not goal shy that's for sure!...He is a natural goal scorer. How many did he get last night?
Just the one.  Scorers - Edge, Setchell (pen), Turvey, White, Quantrill, Shipp

Could the division be decided later this month - Wednesdsay  28 October  Wisbech St Mary   at The Walks

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 11:21:54 AM »
Jack has gone on loan/dual signing terms to Dereham, hopefully he will get some match fitness playing for them. Dylan is a different proposition as the most natural goalscorer I have seen in a long time, but is only 17. Against Barton he scored with his first touch, which was disallowed as before the cross came in it was deemed out of play. He then made the pass for the second goal, not surprising Setch signed him on contract. I have just looked through the Thurlow Nunn Youth league scoring records, Dylan has 23 with the next best is 11.
He also has 7 for the reserves.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 02:34:50 PM »
Really hope it works out for Jack at Dereham...Recently he has IMO been spending far too much time watching rather than playing.

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 02:57:28 PM »
By all accounts that I have heard Jack played well last night and got a full 90 under his belt

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2015, 03:43:49 PM »
Think I step up will help bring Jack on.  The Club should reap the benefit in the future.  Good to have this time between Setch and Matt Henman, got to be good thing to have a good working relationship between the 2 clubs.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2015, 03:48:28 PM »
Its not just Dylan, but every striker we have had in the last 18 months have all struggled due to a lack of decent service, when we get the ball into the box from wide positions we always look dangerous. We need width!

hickathrift

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2015, 04:20:05 PM »
Its not just Dylan, but every striker we have had in the last 18 months have all struggled due to a lack of decent service, when we get the ball into the box from wide positions we always look dangerous. We need width!

I totally agree with this comment!... :gossip:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2015, 05:01:07 PM »
we have had plenty of width the previous 2 seasons and look where that has got us.  Setch has a formula that he is sticking with.  I  wasnt at the game last night, but from the highlights I would say we created a good few openings.   I still think its that fox in the box type player we need.  The young lad Edge has heaps loads of potenial, but is far from the finished article, so we need  to get  someone in while we wait for the lad to come of age, In footballing terms.

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2015, 05:17:40 PM »
Dylan proved last night he has the ability to be in the right place at the right time, he stunned Setch and those who have seen him regularly that he missed a sitter and another chance. I am sure he will spend most of his time with the 1st team as he has proved that at level 3 he is well capable of scoring goals.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2015, 05:42:47 PM »
I dont think anyone is doubting the lad has a massive future in the game Tazzy.  If you listen to Setch's interview he also said he will bring Dylan into the game at the appropriate time and dip him in and out.  In the meantime I feel we need a striker  who will start the game and can bring those 20 goals plus a season to the team.  No matter how good Dylan is, to ask him to notch 20 plus from the bench is asking a hell of a lot of the young man.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2015, 07:03:43 PM »
I think Setch' was hoping for a significant contribution from Stevo'......25 for the season? I posted at the time that I would gladly settle for 15. Now.............?

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2015, 07:14:04 PM »
Of course I agree with Setch and giving Dylan 25 to 30 minutes will give him ample time to be in the right position. I have seen all his performances for the reserves and he only needs a chance or two and he scores and his contributions for the reserves have won us games. In the U18's he has now notched 23 goals the next best in all 6 divisions is 11. He is also very ambitious and playing at a much higher level is his target. I also think the way the team is now playing, and Stevenson's contribution I think once Hilliard notches a couple he may well be our 15 to 20 goal man.