Author Topic: Category B matches. Statement by Mr Cleeve.  (Read 13945 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Category B matches. Statement by Mr Cleeve.
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2017, 07:50:34 AM »
£15 is crazy for this level, and fans will always vote with their feet.   Surprised that Cleeve has put this figure in the pricing structure.  maybe it will only come into play if for example we reach the first round proper of the FA Cup  and get a home draw.  Would people be prepared to pay it then ?

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2017, 08:24:23 AM »
It's all ifs what's and maybe's on the admission prices at the moment so let's all take a chill pill and look forward to an enjoyable and successful season of FOOTBALL .  :scarf:
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

birch95

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2017, 09:49:31 AM »
is this post in jest blue moon :dontknow: loving the positivity, or is it blind ignorance :laughcry:

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2017, 10:19:04 AM »
Going back to the original post it would seem that very few games will fall into the £15 category, so is it really worth the risk of alienating and upsetting quite a few supporters for the possibility of a few extra £'s? I note also that only Farnborough charge £10 for concessions with the majority of clubs being £8 or less!!

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2017, 12:33:10 PM »
It's all ifs what's and maybe's on the admission prices at the moment so let's all take a chill pill and look forward to an enjoyable and successful season of FOOTBALL .  :scarf:

Let us all take a few moments to bury our heads in the sand and not worry about the financial side of the club, just let Mr  Cleeve carry on charging what he likes, let's go quietly bust,and God forbid we end up restarting again in the UCL please don't ask how the flip did that happen? Thing is on entry fees at £10 if you get 600 people it equals £6000,on entry fees of £12 if you get 500 people it equals £6000,so no drop in gate money, where you will see a significant drop is what is spent inside the ground?  The loss of income from those 100 fans will be quite significant, and VAT will still have to be paid, and sponsorship still found, would you want to advertise somewhere that seems to be alienating people almost weekly, causing the effect of your advertisement to reach fewer people each week?  :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2017, 12:44:20 PM »

Let us all take a few moments to bury our heads in the sand and not worry about the financial side of the club, just let Mr  Cleeve carry on charging what he likes, let's go quietly bust,and God forbid we end up restarting again in the UCL please don't ask how the flip did that happen? Thing is on entry fees at £10 if you get 600 people it equals £6000,on entry fees of £12 if you get 500 people it equals £6000,so no drop in gate money, where you will see a significant drop is what is spent inside the ground?  The loss of income from those 100 fans will be quite significant, and VAT will still have to be paid, and sponsorship still found, would you want to advertise somewhere that seems to be alienating people almost weekly, causing the effect of your advertisement to reach fewer people each week?  :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;

On a gate of 600 the club wouldn't get £6,000 when you take into consideration the concessions, the 12-19 age group and the Under 11's.........understand what you're trying to say though..............

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2017, 12:50:59 PM »
I still think if you put together an attractive football team that wins game people wont mind about paying 12 quid, will they ?  Plus if the drink is too expensive and is served in plastic cups people wont want to drink it anyway.  :laughcry:

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2017, 01:38:02 PM »
I still think if you put together an attractive football team that wins game people wont mind about paying 12 quid, will they ?  Plus if the drink is too expensive and is served in plastic cups people wont want to drink it anyway.  :laughcry:

With you on both points Mallard.  I think £12 is probably 'top end' for step 3 so can fully understand the resistance to the £15 for any game at this level, but equally we have to accept that if we want a better manager (which imo is way beyond doubt) with the ability to get more out of a similar / slightly better squad (jury still out but promising signs so far) then it is going to cost.  Yes, commercial income could be increased but its not a given that companies are lining up to subsidise the experience and as I am against the benefactor model on principle it would be pretty hypercritical to then bemoan price rises to fans.  I like the idea of the Friends 'win bonus' (or whatever it is called) for those fans who want / are able to pay a bit more towards the club but would like to see this run by an organisation with a proper constitution and history of being open with its accounts to members (accept they are making progress on both fronts but should have already been in place imo)

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2017, 01:57:25 PM »
I think Cleeve should be given a chance, after all like we have any say in whether he owns the club or otherwise. 

When we had Chapman as the owner he made no secret of the  fact that he wanted to turn a profit out of the venture.  He stuck it to the fans in as much as charging £8 for step 5.  Once we moved up through the gears and ended up at Step 3 there was no profit to be had.   This new guy has come in, and for sure he is not everyone's cuppa tea but he wants a club with plenty of  ambition.  Can he support that ambition through gate receipts sponsorship, his own back pocket, well who knows ?   

To me, Cleeve,   has put a guy in charge who will produce the goods on the field, its all down to both the owner  and the fans to make it work off the field.   One will follow the other. If The team is successful, the people will come out to watch, if its not, then it will be a case of who comes knocking a the door first.

Risky old business this football lark.

Johnny Appman 856

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2017, 12:14:42 AM »
£12 is to much but people would pay it however no step 3 game should be £15 it's an absolute joke tell me know why us as fans should pay more money to watch than other supporters in our league... Chippenham won the league last year but did fans have to pay more than everyone else in the league for the pleasure? No they didn't do why should we have to

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2017, 11:17:32 AM »
I have been away most of the summer, apart from Lynn ,I am a gunners fan, and on the 6th of August I am treating myself to a trip to Wembley for Arsenal v Chelsea, being a senior citizen the cost....£15! Its a disaster waiting to happen Mr Chairman.

northwootton

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2017, 05:24:23 PM »
Why on earth are some whingeing over £15.  It's not that much - is it?  Some will be prepared to pay it and some will not or cannot afford it.  That's life.  My view is that if we want to progress up the leagues then we should be prepared to pay for it.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2017, 05:56:27 PM »
Why on earth are some whingeing over £15.  It's not that much - is it?  Some will be prepared to pay it and some will not or cannot afford it.  That's life.  My view is that if we want to progress up the leagues then we should be prepared to pay for it.

Club will lose out in the long run, away fans won't turn up, home fans won't turn up, lost gate money and lost money on other takings!  Most other clubs in our league average £10,have they got no ambition?  Or do they have an active commercial side?  :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

northwootton

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2017, 06:19:08 PM »
That's your view.  I respectfully suggest you find a club you can support that only charges £10 admission.

birch95

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2017, 06:28:41 PM »
Total agreement grissles :clap: