Author Topic: Category B matches. Statement by Mr Cleeve.  (Read 13740 times)

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
Re: Category B matches. Statement by Mr Cleeve.
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2017, 10:15:00 PM »
Wonder if they,d be prepared to pay £15 for a end of season top of table clash like we had against Nuneaton in 95/96. I know I bloody well would, as would many of the over 3500 who turned up that day. Oh for another Brett McNamara or Lee Hudson.
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2017, 10:53:31 PM »
If all the fans who are basically being told if you don't like it chuff off elsewhere chuffed off elsewhere, attendance would be about 200!!!! Mr Cleeve loves people to kiss his butt, and all those people massaging his ego might be happy to go along with all his suggestions, bit like the story of the Emperors new clothes, some of us are not afraid to point out his nakedness!!!  :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Loopy,linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2017, 11:04:36 PM »
I wonder if Johnny Appman would have still complained about the prices had his best buddy been in charge at the club.
You've always got your beloved Corby Town now. Travelling there is likely to fetch you back more than £15 :laughcry: :laughcry:
you should remove your tongue from mr cleeves rear end ,15 quid at this level is just ripping off the fans ,not every fan has a job where they can afford that sort of money to watch a game

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2017, 11:23:31 PM »
I wonder if Johnny Appman would have still complained about the prices had his best buddy been in charge at the club.
You've always got your beloved Corby Town now. Travelling there is likely to fetch you back more than £15 :laughcry: :laughcry:

£23-40 to be precise.  :oldman"

northwootton

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2017, 06:22:12 AM »
Not every fan can afford £12 or £10 or even less, I understand that, but you cannot price anything to accommodate every person's budget.   It's not a case of " having your tongue up Mr Cleeve's rear end" .  I am a Trust member and my own view still remains for a trust-run club, but that is unlikely to happen in the near future.  We are where we are and the best option for the club to progress is to give the current owner our support.  I don't like or dislike Stephen Cleeve but I have little doubt his past has made it more difficult for him to get a major sponsor as any sponsor will carry out due diligence prior to "investing" the sort of funding he expects;   we all know what that would reveal!
Unlike Buster, at least Stephen Cleeve is without doubt, a keen football supporter and I feel he wants to make the club a success.  OK, it might be to massage his own ego, but aren't most club owners doing the same?   I don't care what anyone says, £15 is not very much to pay.  My point is that unless we, the fans, are also prepared to invest in the club by paying slightly higher prices than other clubs, then I for one, am prepared to do that if it means the club will progress to higher levels.  The profound statement by a poster on here that gates will drop to 200 is only an opinion and is not and cannot be supported by any meaningful facts.  My opinion is that the gates would not significantly fall and if we are successful then they will rise.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2017, 08:31:08 AM »
IF its gonna be £15 for say just 3 games that's an extra £9 to find over the course the season, not a huge amount IF it sees us battling away at the right end of the table.

IF IC can put together an attractive winning team that players Football on the deck then I am convinced people will come in good numbers.  IF however we are mid table or heaven forbid the wrong end of the table then people wont.  You pay's your money and takes your chance. 

I have faith in the guy to get it right on the pitch, the big question for me is can Stephen Cleeve match that off the pitch.   As much as things look good, thus far on the pitch, Off The pitch does not appear to be keeping pace.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2017, 09:07:13 AM »
NorthWootton, I agree with much of what you say but think we will have to agree to disagree on the £15.  I understand what Mallard says, if its only for 3 games then thats 'just' £9 per year which I would agree isn't a 'huge' amount, but for me, it just sets the wrong tone for what could / should be a new start with a new manager who looks capable at this level (and maybe beyond) and does nothing to allay fears that the current owner is no different to the previous incumbent.  £12 is 'enough' at this level, higher than some (maybe most) in our league but I am happy to pay that if I can see progress on the pitch, although again like Mallard I still have grave doubts that that progress is being matched off the pitch

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2017, 11:32:03 AM »
I would like to see what the fans are expected to cough up matched by income from the commercial side, only then will I believe Mr Cleeve has any ambition in taking the club forward, rather than making a quick buck from the fans!! No other club charges what we do, many pay out more than the peppercorn rent we pay,they back their teams with commercial enterprise, I believe that we are the only team at our level without a main sponsor!! Rumour has it that there is a press conference on Friday and an announcement will be made, has some bright spark managed to cast a line and got the power to pull in a sponsor?  I will have the defibrillator by my side just in case the shock proves too much, this reminds me of the story about the boy who cried wolf!!  :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Johnny Appman 856

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2017, 01:33:20 PM »

stupid pointless comment I'll be watching my beloved king's Lynn this season as I did long before setch... my grievance is with the chairman so instead of putting things off for football I'll now be putting football off for other things I may have to do however I bet I still travel further watching Lynn than you do this season and that's a fact

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2017, 02:06:31 PM »
Before anybody starts I'm not an a**e licker, I've never met the man and probably not going to but how can you have a grievance with Mr Cleeve thus far, he's had the pitch done as promised, appointed someone who appears to be a top class manager at this level, approved/ allowed / financed by the business of Kings Lynn Town the signings of who again appear to be decent players. On a football level what more can you ask.

Let's not forget this club is run as a business,his business and he has to run it as such, he goes out to work to make money, as we all do, would you be prepared to work for nothing or invest your own money and get nothing in return, I'd suggest not. If you would then why not take over a football club.

I believe it was Mallard earlier who made an excellent point, the three potential class B games would cost and extra £9 over the whole season, jeez that's the cost of 3 pints of beer, could save that by going out an hour later on a Saturday night.

As for a potential sponsor, if I was in the position to be one and looked on here to see what the fan base was like I'd be put off by all the negativity and people not appreciating how tough it is out there at the moment in the business world, I'd want something back for my investment,not to get slagged all the time for wanting my business to succeed.

Let's try and enjoy the football,  :scarf:
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Johnny Appman 856

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2017, 02:32:39 PM »
Before anybody starts I'm not an a**e licker, I've never met the man and probably not going to but how can you have a grievance with Mr Cleeve thus far, he's had the pitch done as promised, appointed someone who appears to be a top class manager at this level, approved/ allowed / financed by the business of Kings Lynn Town the signings of who again appear to be decent players. On a football level what more can you ask.

Let's not forget this club is run as a business,his business and he has to run it as such, he goes out to work to make money, as we all do, would you be prepared to work for nothing or invest your own money and get nothing in return, I'd suggest not. If you would then why not take over a football club.

I believe it was Mallard earlier who made an excellent point, the three potential class B games would cost and extra £9 over the whole season, jeez that's the cost of 3 pints of beer, could save that by going out an hour later on a Saturday night.

As for a potential sponsor, if I was in the position to be one and looked on here to see what the fan base was like I'd be put off by all the negativity and people not appreciating how tough it is out there at the moment in the business world, I'd want something back for my investment,not to get slagged all the time for wanting my business to succeed.

My grievance is personal nothing to do with anything football wise however I don't agree with having to pay more than anyone else in the league to watch the same level of football I personally will pay it when I want to see the game. Your comment about going out an hour later why should we have to? Put it like this we are paying more than anyone else so I expect us to be top of the league all season and win it is that fair?

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2017, 03:35:47 PM »
Guess it's what 70 odd thousand Arsenal fans expect every other week, they pay an awful amount of money to get in and watch their team win chuff all but still keep turning up

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2017, 04:46:27 PM »

ahh the forums fault again.   :laughcry: :countingmoney:

Loopy,linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2017, 05:52:24 PM »
All this kissing cleeves rear for paying more money to watch Lynn  than any other team in the league then promotion is gaurenteed then

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2017, 06:03:42 PM »
All this kissing cleeves rear for paying more money to watch Lynn  than any other team in the league then promotion is gaurenteed then

Bit like you with the last chairman Loopy. Can only think that's why you were happy to pay £8 for UCL football.