Author Topic: ST NEOTS or KING'S LYNN  (Read 2450 times)

tazzywazz

• View Profile
ST NEOTS or KING'S LYNN
« on: December 15, 2015, 02:49:15 PM »
Pre-season and early season many 'Supporters' were predicting that because St Neots had a great manager, were signing great players on great wages, with a much bigger budget and a much better ground they would wipe the floor with King's Lynn as we would not be able to compete. What do these 'Supporters' think now? I much prefer the way Setch has gone about putting the club together with so many local players and obviously on a much smaller budget. No panic loan deals just bring a couple in from the reserves. Although they have not played for a few weeks the U18's have already proved themselves, with several getting games for the reserves, some regularly, and one now in the 1st team squad. Exciting times. COYL

rod

• View Profile
Re: ST NEOTS or KING'S LYNN
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 03:26:00 PM »
Not so sure where the 'great manager' came from but he certainly did pick up a couple of plaYers that we might have been interested in signing Gordon (who unfortunately suffered a long term injury early season) and Hawkins?? And of course Meecham from Godmanchester - so was obviously persuing a youth policy of sorts. I have no idea about comparative playing budgets as I am not party to this information????????

I am just delighted that at long last our current policy will encourage local youngsters to see KLTFC as their logical next step ,which was not the case previously.

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 03:45:27 PM »
looking at the Table there's not much in it  between the two side's, and as we have 2 games to play against them they should be 2 great local derby games to look forward to for both set's of supporters .  personally think setch has got it right with the players he has  -  it might not happen this season but next season could be exciting times again

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 04:20:33 PM »
Our two sides suffered mixed fortunes last season. I'm sure St Neots would have expected to be right in the mix again this year having lost in the play offs last season, whereas for us anything had to be better than the last three months of last season.

Both sides have made some good signings this year, indeed I saw something on Sky Sports the other day that has Meecham down as one of the top 5 goalscorers outside the Football League at present. As Wingwizzard says I think we are a longer term work in progress, although I'd expect both sides to finish in the top 10 this season.