Author Topic: Admission Prices  (Read 4342 times)

Linnet1947

• View Profile
Admission Prices
« on: July 27, 2017, 08:18:06 AM »
I have been looking at the admission prices for several national conference clubs. (2 Divisions above us !) . A lot of them are charging the same as us ! . We are clearly charging far more than clubs in our league ! It will be interesting to see what our attendances will be, especially if we start badly ! . We would need to be near the top to encourage good crowds. We have to bear in mind that only one club goes up automatically (maybe Hereford !).

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
Re: Admission Prices
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 09:07:51 AM »
I have been looking at the admission prices for several national conference clubs. (2 Divisions above us !) . A lot of them are charging the same as us ! . We are clearly charging far more than clubs in our league ! It will be interesting to see what our attendances will be, especially if we start badly ! . We would need to be near the top to encourage good crowds. We have to bear in mind that only one club goes up automatically (maybe Hereford !).
According to Stephen Cleeve anyone not at last nights match is a moaner as per his twitter last night may lose a few more fans with that attitude

Linnet1947

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 09:40:46 AM »
Hereford fc by the way charge only 9 pounds for a concession seat ! But they will get a massive average home crowd. They have already sold over 1000 season tickets !

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 10:11:11 AM »
I was thinking about this earlier today.

If we are now charging £12 at this level and have aspirations of attaining league level, what will the prices be then??

Suppose we achieve promotion to The Conference North/South next year, I cannot see prices remaining at £12, it is more likely to be £14/£15.

Then, one more promotion to the actual Conference and we'll be looking at £18/£20 a ticket.

I think Mr Cleeve has opened a can of worms

birch95

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 11:18:30 AM »
Have been trying to look positive and then trump, sorry, Cleeve comes out with inflammatory remarks like that :  :banghead; not every fan warrants £10 for a unattractive under 23 Ipswich side, the season is when the gates/ football and everything else matters....

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 11:29:35 AM »
Football on Saturday
Lynn v Gorleston ten pounds
or
Norwich v Brighton ten pounds
I shall choose Lynn because it's less petrol to get there and back.
Incidentally, the kick off times for both games I believe is fifteen pounds!! (LOl)
Looking forward to seeing the new players
Score prediction
Lynn 6 Gorleston 0 .
Amongst the scorers will be the new players and the new "slimline" older players!!

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 12:13:48 PM »
According to Stephen Cleeve anyone not at last nights match is a moaner as per his twitter last night may lose a few more fans with that attitude

With that attitude he is likely to lose a few more fans, does he not realise it is the school holidays and many people will be away, plus a midweek game, and just maybe some couldn't be bothered!!  His attitude and pricing is making me think about picking and choosing games, does he not realise he is alienating people, and it is very difficult to get them back when they have gone!
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Turtle84

• Aka Tom
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 03:54:52 PM »
 I moaned about the admission going up but seeing what culverhouse is doing with the squad has got me buzzing for the new season.

Mj

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2017, 04:26:16 PM »
Here here well said that man,

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2017, 04:27:30 PM »
Turtle is right. I don't have Twitter, but it was an ill-advised comment, no doubt. However, you either let it worry you or you move on and get behind the team for the new season. It's not the worst thing that's ever been said (and yes as chairman he should be careful about what he says) but there does seem to be so much negativity at times.....and without the season even officially starting yet!

After watching last nights game I, for one, am really looking forward to the new season. I think it could be a good one!

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2017, 04:27:57 PM »
. I moaned about the admission going up but seeing what culverhouse is doing with the squad has got me buzzing for the new season.

You mean just bury our heads in the sand and let him get on with it, we all know where that leads!! Plastic glasses are used as an example, it is one of the things that Mr Cleeve said was an easy fix and would be attended to first?  Second season still not done, and will it be a second season that the ground is under utilised, thus under achieving on earning potential, prompting more price rises?  :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2017, 04:39:41 PM »
Grissles, I don't think many disagree with you about the plastic glasses situation and the lack of the ground being used away from matchday. But please just give it a rest. We get your point, you don't have to mention it (what seems like) every day. Please try and move on....you never know you may actually enjoy the football that's on offer.

Starting to think Backie had the right idea about staying away from the forum.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2017, 04:52:12 PM »
Grissles, I don't think many disagree with you about the plastic glasses situation and the lack of the ground being used away from matchday. But please just give it a rest. We get your point, you don't have to mention it (what seems like) every day. Please try and move on....you never know you may actually enjoy the football that's on offer.

Who said I don't go to and enjoy the football  :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;

Turtle84

• Aka Tom
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2017, 05:27:30 PM »

Exactly Paul.

birch95

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2017, 08:23:49 PM »
Turtle84/ mj /Paul47 you are the
 reason I am officially departing from the forum and as from now not entering the walks this season :thanks: goodbye.........