Author Topic: Hereford to Win the League?  (Read 1053 times)

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Hereford to Win the League?
« on: July 28, 2017, 09:18:19 PM »
Lots of talk about Hereford being favourites to win the League.

However, they put 11 players on the pitch with 3 Reserves - Same as every other team they play.

Win some, Lose, some, Draw some.

We have the makings of a good squad and with a consistent run, injury free and less back-chat from certain players (Michael Clunan!) we can keep down the senseless Yellow Cards leading to a settled team and good results.

Back to Fortress Walks for this season!  :comeon: :comeon: :scarf: :scarf: :comeon: :comeon: :cup2:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Squire of Langham

• View Profile
Re: Hereford to Win the League?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 08:48:22 PM »
They were red hot favourites when I saw them play in the FA Vase Final two seasons ago and lost.

Fakenham Bull

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Re: Hereford to Win the League?
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 09:02:24 PM »
The bookies aren't taking any chances with us (again). I think we might make the play offs, the last two seasons have been relatively comfortable, but a different scenario awaits this year I believe.
We got found out a few times last season (and the season before) due to puzzling tactics by Mr Beadle, who sometimes is intransigent in his team selection. Including at Wembley, in full view of 20,000 Herefordians, where he completely lost the plot.
I'm sure we will be there or thereabouts next season, not too sure how long Mr B will be in charge though.
See you all at the Walks, at least a short journey for me!