Author Topic: Gorleston  (Read 4098 times)

Nemesis

• View Profile
Gorleston
« on: July 28, 2017, 11:22:24 PM »
"Stephen Cleeve‏ @StephenCleeve 50s51 seconds ago
3pm kick off today for Gorleston at home. There may be a surprise for those at the Walks today!!!"

Grant Holt ??
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
Re: Gorleston
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 11:35:40 PM »
"Stephen Cleeve‏ @StephenCleeve 50s51 seconds ago
3pm kick off today for Gorleston at home. There may be a surprise for those at the Walks today!!!"

Grant Holt ??

free admission for grissles & family. :clap: :welcome: :countingmoney: :cheers:

jackdaw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 07:09:24 AM »
He for me would be the perfect replacement for "Big Jack" never anyone close since he left.  :scarf:

The Fenman

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 12:44:29 PM »
He for me would be the perfect replacement for "Big Jack" never anyone close since he left.  :scarf:

What?  Grissles?

I reckon he would scare a few but not sure he is at his peak.....

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 01:29:51 PM »
Thinking about it, if Holt was the surprise Cleeve would have announced it to put a few more on the gate. It is probably the unveiling of the mascot. I hope it lasts longer than the last one.

Nigel1505

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 02:36:48 PM »
New signing; Michael Gash. :welcome:

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 02:38:08 PM »
I reckon it might be the signing of M Gash lol :scarf:
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Blueboy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2017, 06:02:30 PM »
Where was Gillies today?

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2017, 06:09:30 PM »
Went off injured last Saturday so I guess still not fit.

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2017, 06:40:22 PM »
Surprise! Surprise! Not Grant Holt but Michael Gash. Not greeted with a big fanfare today but almost a whimper just before kick off. Hope he does well for us and is fit and raring to go.
Nice to see the children having a game on a mini pitch before kick-off. Hope this is a regular event.
Some impressive performances today. Sam Gaughan, Frazer Blake-Tracy, Craig Parker stood out for me. Good to see Leon Mettam scoring twice today., but overall our finishing was woeful at times.Michael Clunan also played well. Opposition were full of honest endeavour but Alex Street not really tested.
Lowestoft will be more of an indicator of the standard we are at and this should be followed by a home win against Gosport Borough in front of a crowd of around 1000!

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2017, 07:17:39 PM »
Today saw an improved Lynn side cope well with a Gorleston team who tried but failed to pose too much of a threat.

First half started well and Lynn well in control. Michael Clunan ran things well in midfield. Leon Mettam worked well but complained when high balls pumped forward - he indicated that he wanted to receive passes at chest height.

Lynn appeared to be playing without wingers apart from attacking wing-backs in Fryatt and Blake-Tracy. Sam G was solid in defence with Ward alongside.

The second half was a bit flat as Gorleston improved in defence and midfield without being any real threat up front.

When Sam Warburton arrived there was more wing presence on the left and Shipp provided more attack on the right. Mettam worked harder than last season and his two goals were well deserved - the last being a solo effort working for space and popping in a delightful shot into the net.

All in all a good performance by a team that is being encouraged to play football on the ground, pass quickly in tight formation and re-group when necessary.

I would like to see Matty Castellan, Ward, Gaughran and Blake-Tracy in defence with Ryan Fryatt taking on a Dan Quigley type role in midfield. Is the narrower pitch designed to fit a game with less wing attacking apart from the wing-backs? Tighter control of midfield when dedicated wingers are not deployed? Shades of three strikers?

Looking forward to our first game of the season on 12th August.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2017, 08:54:01 PM »
A good signing but a bit of a gamble. Would Tom Siddons also be a good signing as back-up to be the big man up front with Leon Mettam?

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2017, 11:09:59 AM »
Says on the Leyton forum he looked a good hold-up player. Could be just what we are looking for.