Author Topic: Lowestoft - what will the line up be?  (Read 2371 times)

TDA

• View Profile
Lowestoft - what will the line up be?
« on: August 03, 2017, 07:24:55 AM »
I wonder whether the manager will treat this as a dress rehearsal for Gosport. If so, what do you think the starting 11 will be?

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Lowestoft - what will the line up be?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 08:02:24 AM »
Street, Shipp, Fryatt. Ward, Gaughran,  Blake-Tracy

Jarvis, Frary, Hawkins, Clunan, Parker, Whayman

Siddons, Mettam, Gash, Gilles ( if fit)

That's my 16...maybe Hillard  if Gillies isn't fit.

Looks a strong 16 to go with.  Plus Hilliard, Castellan, Edge, Harnwell waiting in the wings.

Where is the lad Warburton from ?

Lets not forget Backie's Boy's kick off their league campaign on Saturday. 

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 08:07:06 AM »

Northampton.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 08:23:21 AM »
Without a named reserve goalkeeper, can any of the out-field players "double-up"?

Useful game to tinker with the new players and see how they settle in.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 08:35:36 AM »
I would Hope that IC has a very firm idea on what he will go with on the opening day.  Maybe a question mark over  the main striking role now that Gash is on board.  Cant see a late high profile signing like him being stuck on the bench, for long, if at all.

Mike The goalkeeping situation is a real issue at this level.   You know who your no1 will be but can you afford to do part of your budget on  a player ( 2nd choice keeper) who may never get any meaningful action.    Must be someone in the squad who could throw on the gloves if the need arises.   

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 08:51:52 AM »
Street

Fryatt Gaughan  Blake-Tracy ( plus one other but I can't decide who?)
Jarvis Hawkins Clunan Parker
Siddons or Gash.  Mettam

Subs
Siddon or Gash, Hilliard, Castellan, Warburton

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 09:01:54 AM »
Street

Fryatt Gaughan  Blake-Tracy ( plus one other but I can't decide who?)

Surely can't leave Tom Ward out of the back 4???

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2017, 09:17:59 AM »
DEFINITELY NOT! excuse my decaying grey cells! Would be one of my first on the team sheet.
P.s. We have to be one of the favourites to win the league! A great Summer of signings. Well done Mr  Cleeve and Culverhouse.

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2017, 10:46:28 AM »
Street, Shipp, Fryatt. Ward, Gaughran,  Blake-Tracy

Jarvis, Frary, Hawkins, Clunan, Parker, Whayman

Siddons, Mettam, Gash, Gilles ( if fit)

That's my 16...maybe Hillard  if Gillies isn't fit.

Looks a strong 16 to go with.  Plus Hilliard, Castellan, Edge, Harnwell waiting in the wings.

Lets not forget Backie's Boy's kick off their league campaign on Saturday.

All looking very nice!  :scarf:
Will there now have to be some tough decisions by some of the players and the Club? Will it be a case of some that had started to become used to first team football being prepared to drop down to Reserves, or will a couple be put out on loan?
On top of that, I wouldn't be surprised if there was to be yet another to come in. Maybe battling midfielder?
In life, its important to remember that those that can't, usually teach!

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2017, 11:25:29 AM »

On top of that, I wouldn't be surprised if there was to be yet another to come in. Maybe battling midfielder?

I'd agree with that. I do feel that the only place we're (possibly) lacking at the moment is cover in midfield should Jarvis or Clunan get injured.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2017, 11:35:51 AM »
Have we not used another keeper in some games?  :dontknow:
Donít you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2017, 12:42:42 PM »
Any thoughts Paul on who you would like to see come in the bolster the midfield ?  If another came into the middle of the park would one have to make may to balance the books ?

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2017, 02:01:06 PM »
Any thoughts Paul on who you would like to see come in the bolster the midfield ?  If another came into the middle of the park would one have to make may to balance the books ?

No idea Mallard. I think the squad we have now is as strong as we've had in recent memory. Just think, if Jarvis and/or Clunan get injured we could struggle in the midfield. Maybe Frary has been brought in to cover that position as well as across the back?

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2017, 02:17:24 PM »
Mallard, given that you couldn't find places in your 16 man squad for Hilliard, Warburton or Castellan I can't imagine there is much scope for another body coming in without moving someone the other way.  I think should the need arise for a more defensive minded midfield option it would probably be a case of moving one of the defenders forward into that role as we just seem to have plenty of cover in that area (pick 4/5 from Shipp, Fryatt, Castellan, Gaughran, Ward (x2?), Blake-Tracey).  Agree with others that this looks by far and away the strongest squad since reforming and with positive reports with how IC is getting them to play its looking good for the best season we have had at this level.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2017, 03:05:11 PM »
Tony It was not I who was suggesting there could be a new body coming in.  I think the idea came from Adam and/or Paul.  I was merely asking the question that if a holding midfielder was to come in would it mean the demise of a current squad member to keep the books balanced.