Author Topic: Lowestoft - what will the line up be?  (Read 2395 times)

Paul47

• View Profile
Re: Lowestoft - what will the line up be?
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2017, 03:30:32 PM »
Tony It was not I who was suggesting there could be a new body coming in.  I think the idea came from Adam and/or Paul.  I was merely asking the question that if a holding midfielder was to come in would it mean the demise of a current squad member to keep the books balanced.

I didn't suggest there was one coming in, just that I feel we COULD be short in that area if we get injuries!!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2017, 03:34:06 PM »
Ok Paul, I agree you didn't suggest it.  You said you wouldn't be surprised to see one come in.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2017, 03:59:11 PM »
IMHO I feel that we have a strong squad ready to face the season, I don't feel we need any additions unless we get a major injury.  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Don’t you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2017, 04:03:19 PM »
With you on that one Griss, the squad certainly looks healthy to kick start the season.  I guess though if something high profile, and better than what we have comes along no one is going to complain.

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2017, 04:18:12 PM »
Tony It was not I who was suggesting there could be a new body coming in.  I think the idea came from Adam and/or Paul.  I was merely asking the question that if a holding midfielder was to come in would it mean the demise of a current squad member to keep the books balanced.

I didn't suggest there was one coming in, just that I feel we COULD be short in that area if we get injuries!!

He's quite correct. He didn't suggest, or even predict anyone coming in! Neither did I.
Healthy footballing discussion going on here.
Mallard, you mentioned Warburton earlier and he wasn't in your first choice 16. Are you saying you think we have seen the last of him?
IMHO I think that could be the case. I can also see some of the young guns such as Hilliard and Edge struggling to break into the squad in the early days, so maybe going out on loan. A couple of the others that were breaking through may have to spend a bit more time with Reserves than they would like, but that's the tough world of football.
So it could be a case of not only having a promotion chasing first team, but the same scenario in Reserves. They could have a really strong outfit as well!
If there's one more coming in, how about Simon Lappin? Now left York, and recovering from injury, age 34. Fit the bill?
In life, its important to remember that those that can't, usually teach!

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2017, 04:20:15 PM »
I'm more than happy with the squad we have and feel we can really give it a go this season. Also, as Adam points out, looks like the reserves will have a really strong team at times. All good for the club in general.

Looking around other forums and bookies we're not really being mentioned by other clubs and the best odds I've seen are 26/1 to win the league. Maybe we're going to prove a few people wrong.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2017, 04:48:06 PM »
I'm more than happy with the squad we have and feel we can really give it a go this season. Also, as Adam points out, looks like the reserves will have a really strong team at times. All good for the club in general.

Looking around other forums and bookies we're not really being mentioned by other clubs and the best odds I've seen are 26/1 to win the league. Maybe we're going to prove a few people wrong.

Are they offering odds for a play off place?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2017, 06:09:24 PM »

As someone with the inside edge Paul, what is your honest opinion, knowing a bit more than us outsiders?  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Don’t you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2017, 06:34:27 PM »
No idea why you think I have the inside edge? I know no more or less than anyone else!!

My opinion is that we'll make the play-offs.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2017, 07:02:14 PM »
No idea why you think I have the inside edge? I know no more or less than anyone else!!

My opinion is that we'll make the play-offs.

You always seem to speak with more authority than others Paul, or is that just the way I read things?  :dontknow:

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2017, 10:32:44 PM »
If there's one more coming in, how about Simon Lappin? Now left York, and recovering from injury, age 34. Fit the bill?

Fits the bill. Knows IC, out of contract and recovering from injury. Will please the fans who want a big name signing.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Freddyboy

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2017, 10:42:47 PM »
Interesting to see that castellan, shippy, harnwell are all included in the reserve squad photo. Think that's where they'll be playing the majority of their football this season. Where is Nathan Davies, josh walker, Nathan trundle, charlie Congreve have these left??

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2017, 12:19:34 AM »
Where is Nathan Davies, josh walker, Nathan trundle, charlie Congreve??
No idea. Wisbech St Mary maybe?
Please enlighten us. Where are they?
In life, its important to remember that those that can't, usually teach!

jetmanpaul

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2017, 12:35:33 AM »
I know charlie congrieve has gone to university, and Josh walker is with the U'18's

Lindsays Boot

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2017, 06:37:57 AM »
Charlie Congreve starts uni in September