Author Topic: Lowestoft - what will the line up be?  (Read 7112 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Lowestoft - what will the line up be?
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2017, 03:34:06 PM »
Ok Paul, I agree you didn't suggest it.  You said you wouldn't be surprised to see one come in.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2017, 03:59:11 PM »
IMHO I feel that we have a strong squad ready to face the season, I don't feel we need any additions unless we get a major injury.  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2017, 04:03:19 PM »
With you on that one Griss, the squad certainly looks healthy to kick start the season.  I guess though if something high profile, and better than what we have comes along no one is going to complain.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2017, 04:20:15 PM »
I'm more than happy with the squad we have and feel we can really give it a go this season. Also, as Adam points out, looks like the reserves will have a really strong team at times. All good for the club in general.

Looking around other forums and bookies we're not really being mentioned by other clubs and the best odds I've seen are 26/1 to win the league. Maybe we're going to prove a few people wrong.

Blue_and_Gold

• Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2017, 04:48:06 PM »
I'm more than happy with the squad we have and feel we can really give it a go this season. Also, as Adam points out, looks like the reserves will have a really strong team at times. All good for the club in general.

Looking around other forums and bookies we're not really being mentioned by other clubs and the best odds I've seen are 26/1 to win the league. Maybe we're going to prove a few people wrong.

Are they offering odds for a play off place?
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2017, 06:09:24 PM »

As someone with the inside edge Paul, what is your honest opinion, knowing a bit more than us outsiders?  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2017, 06:34:27 PM »
No idea why you think I have the inside edge? I know no more or less than anyone else!!

My opinion is that we'll make the play-offs.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2017, 07:02:14 PM »
No idea why you think I have the inside edge? I know no more or less than anyone else!!

My opinion is that we'll make the play-offs.

You always seem to speak with more authority than others Paul, or is that just the way I read things?  :dontknow:

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2017, 10:32:44 PM »
If there's one more coming in, how about Simon Lappin? Now left York, and recovering from injury, age 34. Fit the bill?

Fits the bill. Knows IC, out of contract and recovering from injury. Will please the fans who want a big name signing.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Dilligaf

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2017, 10:42:47 PM »
Interesting to see that castellan, shippy, harnwell are all included in the reserve squad photo. Think that's where they'll be playing the majority of their football this season. Where is Nathan Davies, josh walker, Nathan trundle, charlie Congreve have these left??

jetmanpaul

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2017, 12:35:33 AM »
I know charlie congrieve has gone to university, and Josh walker is with the U'18's

Lindsays Boot

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2017, 06:37:57 AM »
Charlie Congreve starts uni in September

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2017, 01:27:46 PM »
Does anyone know if Lappin has coaching aspirations / qualifications?  Potential advantages would be someone IC trusts(?) acting as his voice on the field and obvious quality and potential leadership, downside would be cost and whether he was here for the 'right' reasons?  Personally I am not sure with the squad already assembled and how they seem to have come on over pre-season that we need to take a gamble but am sure there will be others who argue that its a risk worth taking and you can never have enough good players

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2017, 02:58:28 PM »
Does anyone know if Lappin has coaching aspirations / qualifications?

It seems he does aspire [I've been working on his pen picture "just in case"] but he also has dreams of being a commercial pilot according to one article I was reading.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2017, 05:34:33 PM »
Does anyone know if Lappin has coaching aspirations / qualifications?

It seems he does aspire [I've been working on his pen picture "just in case"] but he also has dreams of being a commercial pilot according to one article I was reading.

Any chance of photo's to go with the Pen Pictures Admin?
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.