Author Topic: Costly friendly.  (Read 2015 times)

Squire of Langham

• View Profile
Costly friendly.
« on: August 05, 2017, 05:20:29 PM »
Looks like Fryatt will be suspended for 3 games.

LinnetsSoccer

• View Profile
Re: Costly friendly.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 06:29:12 PM »
We got bragging rights though  :cup2:

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 08:14:15 PM »
Looks like Fryatt will be suspended for 3 games.

Fortunately it's early in the season and we have depth in defensive players.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 08:29:19 PM »
We might even get a mention in the EDP; although I don't think West Norfolk and the Fens exist for the paper. Plenty about Lowestoft in today's EDP. I am surprised they don't start featuring Ipswich!
No mention of Wisbech playing in the FACup today either. A lot of pessimism about Norwich's chances at Fulham today.
The free paper in Lynn this week was also pretty poor on Linnets coverage.

Regarding the sending off. Does the three match ban apply in when it is a "friendly"?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 08:33:45 PM »
" kltfc media‏ @kltfcmedia

Can confirm that @officialKLtown are awaiting official confirmation from the referee regarding the situation regarding @RJFryatt_15 red card"

The Fenman

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 08:38:09 PM »
The Lynn News have a new Sports Editor.  I recon they'll get right behind Lynn this yr.

Upped it's game of late has the Lynn News

TDA

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2017, 08:19:06 AM »

Agreed. There has been a period where Lowestoft seemed to take our best players and have an upper hand in terms of media love from papers and radio. They are not even a Norfolk team. I recall Setch saying that they were a few years ahead of us after they beat us pre season a year or so back. Not any more. 

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2017, 09:36:14 AM »

Agreed. There has been a period where Lowestoft seemed to take our best players and have an upper hand in terms of media love from papers and radio. They are not even a Norfolk team. I recall Setch saying that they were a few years ahead of us after they beat us pre season a year or so back. Not any more.
Agreed. Of course that's all been down to money. In recent years they have had it  when we didn't, now we appear to have it (again) and they don't!
It's a funny old game!
In life, its important to remember that those that can't, usually teach!

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2017, 09:56:37 AM »

Agreed. Of course that's all been down to money. In recent years they have had it  when we didn't, now we appear to have it (again) and they don't!
It's a funny old game!

Either we have the money or we don't?  I could put on my best suit and swagger into the Dukes, order the best they have to offer and not have a penny, but I would 'appear' to have money?  Or I could go in looking my usual scruffy self and be refused service because I would 'appear' to be penniless, when in fact my wallet would be full? What I mean is,we don't want to 'appear' to have money and go bust halfway through the season?  :dontknow:
Donít you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2017, 10:02:37 AM »
Speculate to accumulate Griss.  The squad is there they are playing decent stuff.  Next Saturday let's see if the good folk of Kings Lynn have bought in to it.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2017, 10:05:45 AM »
I will be there.  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Donít you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2017, 10:10:15 AM »
Let's hope with another799 people Griss

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2017, 10:20:19 AM »
Be good to big up the advertising, as Buster has with the speedway, maybe uploading a poster that could be printed off? :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2017, 12:53:55 PM »
Griss I. Don't think we need to follow Busters lead at the Soeedway. Apparently  the crowds have fallen from 1500 at the start of the season to somewhere around 700 last week.  I seem to recall not to dissimilar thing happen when he held the reins at The Walks

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2017, 02:34:28 PM »
Griss I. Don't think we need to follow Busters lead at the Soeedway. Apparently  the crowds have fallen from 1500 at the start of the season to somewhere around 700 last week.  I seem to recall not to dissimilar thing happen when he held the reins at The Walks

So are you saying that just because advertising didn't work for Buster that the football club should think f### it why bother?  :dontknow: