Author Topic: The New Season Starts Soon  (Read 849 times)

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
The New Season Starts Soon
« on: August 05, 2017, 08:21:13 PM »
Well thats the "Friendlies" over with - Played 7, Won 5, Drawn 1, Lost 1.

Goals For 20 - Goals Against 9

Mettam 4, Parker 3, Siddons 3, Hawkins 2, Hilliard 2. Others 5, Own Goals 1.

We seem to have players who know where the net is and can hit it. I would be happy with that as a start to the first 7 league games. Keep it up lads!

:scarf: :comeon: :comeon: :comeon: :comeon: :scarf:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: The New Season Starts Soon
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 08:34:58 PM »
" kltfc media‏ @kltfcmedia

Pre season completed however on speaking with IC after the game it appears there could be more ins and outs next week for @officialKLtown"

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 09:41:49 AM »
" kltfc media‏ @kltfcmedia

Pre season completed however on speaking with IC after the game it appears there could be more ins and outs next week for @officialKLtown"

Any thoughts on this? Who's likely to go - loan or permanent depature?

I presume as Cameron Norman played on Saturday he's likely to be an "in"?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 09:58:15 AM »
Interesting that IC is still maybe not content with his squad.   Difficult to see where he is looking to bring a body ( or 2 in), Unless its a opportunity that he cannot say no to.

I thought Norman was excellent Saturday,  got forward time after time, and the quality of cross he was delivering augers well with Gash  looking to get on the end of things.   Norman was the subject to a a fair bit of harsh treatment when getting forward.  ( dead cert pen not awarded).  Gash also looks like  we have found a replacement for Big Jack ( at last)  Holds the ball up well, strong in the air.  Can see this guy scoring a shedfull of goals  once his full fitness is up to speed. 

Be interesting to see what system IC goes with at Home on Saturday.  Played 4-4-2 Saturday.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 01:13:46 PM »
Although I haven't seen any pre-season games it seems to be looking pretty good on the field but no surprise to see IC still wanting to improve what he has.  I guess he was always likely to have a few more contacts with players being available higher up the pyramid than Setch, which was part of my concern about putting so many of the squad onto contracts, will this make it any harder to trim the existing squad to make money available for any new arrival? 

Can't be there Saturday (unless it rains non-stop Friday / Saturday morning) but have got the buzz for the first time since the club went belly up.