Author Topic: Gosport Borough Home Aug 12th  (Read 2609 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Gosport Borough Home Aug 12th
« on: August 08, 2017, 10:13:36 AM »
Ok Folks... What's your thoughts on this one.... ?  Team,  Formation, Gate, Score ?

Paul47

• View Profile
Re: Gosport Borough Home Aug 12th
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 10:25:11 AM »
Street
Norman, Fryatt/Gaughran (depends if Ryan suspended??), T Ward, Blake-Tracey
Parker, Jarvis, Clunan, Hawkins
Mettam, Gash

Subs: Siddons, Warburton, Frary, Whayman, Hilliard/Gillies

Formation: 4-4-2 (diamond in midfield)

Attendance: 725

Score: 3-1 Lynn.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 10:45:49 AM »
Like your thinking Paul.   Would hope there  would be a few more there though. 

If all are fit, who would you leave out of the squad ? as 18 into 16 wont go.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 11:28:41 AM »

If all are fit, who would you leave out of the squad ? as 18 into 16 wont go.

Nice problem to have though! Who would be your 2 to miss out?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 11:39:14 AM »
Certainly going to be a tricky opening home fixture, what sort of mentality Gosport bring with them I don't know, relegated last season and facing a possible winding up order?  Could be a nervous start for both teams, a lot of investment has gone into the playing side at King's Lynn and has shown promise in the friendlies, don't know much about Gosport on the players side but they have had a mixed set of friendlies, they either won or lost with a high score. Looking at the team Ic has put together we should come out on top,going on the way they have played pre season, I will go for a 3-1 win for the Linnets, not too confident about attracting a good crowd. Pre season attendances have been dismal, price has gone up,summer holidays as well, many will be away, and it is a long way to travel for Gosport fans, so not expecting masses of them.  There has been little to no advertising of the game, so I will go with an attendance of 595, one of those times I wish to be proved wrong. COYL  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Donít you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 12:51:10 PM »
Griss I do hope you are wrong.  Stephen Cleeve has certainly shown his colours by the investment he has made in the Club.  Despite everything that has gone before with the guy I really hope he gets the rewards come Saturday and that the folks of Kings Lynn really buy into what he is trying to do.

Paul it maybe 3.  For me I think Feary maybe one, Warburton another.  Then again can we go wi9th mettam and Gash starting then have a bench that contains  Hilliard, Gillies and Siddons ? Would seem a little unbalanced.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2017, 01:40:27 PM »
I think the above shows the development of the squad from last season with several players who were regulars last year no longer guaranteed a place in the match day squad, I suppose the question is whether they will stay with the club (possibly depend on both their geography and IC's coaching & development skills).

As for Saturday, a gate of anything over 600 would be a bonus (summer) and hoping for a 3-1 win.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2017, 01:51:30 PM »
Ian Culverhouse has instructed the team to play his formation and style - they all know what their role is (whether in the starting line-up or on as a sub).

We spectators and supporters have not really had time to figure out the tactics being employed. We can only speculate on IC's use of Wingers  :dontknow: Attacking Full Backs  :dontknow: Midfield numbers and Formation  :dontknow: One or Two Up-Front  :dontknow:.

The narrow pitch doesn't lend itself to wide wingers with space to move in. That seem to allow more players to be available in midfield attack or defence.

4-4-2

Score: 4-2 to Lynn

Crowd: 830
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2017, 02:24:11 PM »
Result is not that important to me, I just like to watch good football, thats what will bring the crowds in I hope. We were at home the first game last season to Merthyr it was 1-1 the crowd was 720, it shouldn't be any less.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2017, 02:51:09 PM »
I had a feeling there might be a game on,seeing the mass advertising round the town? :nilpoints:
Donít you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2017, 02:59:22 PM »
I had a feeling there might be a game on,seeing the mass advertising round the town? :nilpoints:

You could always offer to help put posters or something up around town rather than constantly criticise.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2017, 03:07:19 PM »

You could always offer to help put posters or something up around town rather than constantly criticise.

What posters? I did ask if a poster could be put on the website that people could print off and put up,was that not an offer to help? That way they could have had lots of posters put up at little cost to the club!!! :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2017, 03:15:36 PM »
Nothing to stop you designing a poster yourself.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2017, 03:21:52 PM »

So we will pay more than any other club at our level for entrance,drinks and food,and design posters ourselves? Is it too difficult for someone at the club to design a template so that every home game a poster can be put on the website for people to print off? After all we do now have a commercial manager?? :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2017, 03:24:15 PM »

So we will pay more than any other club at our level for entrance,drinks and food,and design posters ourselves? Is it too difficult for someone at the club to design a template so that every home game a poster can be put on the website for people to print off? After all we do now have a commercial manager?? :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;

I wouldn't say it was the commercial managers job to design posters. Thought his job was to bring money in from sponsorship etc. Sorry, if I'm wrong.