Author Topic: Matt Castellan  (Read 841 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
Matt Castellan
« on: August 11, 2017, 11:36:45 AM »
Apparently gone on loan to Dereham Twon FC.

Adam

• View Profile
Re: Matt Castellan
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 11:39:31 AM »
Apparently gone on loan to Dereham Twon FC.
Fair enough. I can see at least another couple going out on loan as well. All makes good sense.
In life, its important to remember that those that can't, usually teach!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 11:53:06 AM »
Makes sense for a few reasons.  Was outstanding at times at step 3 last season so playing back down at step 6 is not really the level he needs to be at, so moving up from step 6 to step 4 seems idea.  Plus IF he is under contract then I guess his wages would need to be found even if he was turning out for the Reserves.   Its a good way of getting him fully back up to speed and having his wages paid  to get there.

Lindsays Boot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 12:14:17 PM »
Matty's contract expired at the end of last season and the option to extend was not taken up by the club. I suspect they are waiting to see what sort of recovery he makes from his injury.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 02:06:02 PM »
Appreciate that there is a question on what sort of recovery he makes (and wish him all the best with that) but given the number of contracts handed out I find it strange that the most promising prospect within last years squad is allowed to go out on loan - does this imply that the expectation is that the recovery will be much longer than hoped?  Will it also mean that he is no longer training at all with the Lynn squad and receiving IC's input into his development?

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 03:25:30 PM »
Move makes sense in my opinion. Gives Matt the chance to get "fit" and over his injury at a decent level. Can then, hopefully, come back to Lynn and push for the first team. We certainly missed him when he was injured.