Author Topic: The live update service  (Read 854 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
The live update service
« on: August 12, 2017, 09:37:56 AM »
The Live Update Service

Since the Football Club was reformed, the Blue and Gold Trust have provided a live match day update service on their website's home page. Free to the supporters, this valuable and well supported service has previously been funded by kind donations from fellow supporters, and from Trust funds.
We are delighted to announce that this season for the first time, the service will be sponsored by the corporate sector of the local community.
Our sincere thanks go to both The Lynn News and Evergreen Equity Release Solutions for their kindness and generosity in agreeing to sponsor the live updates for the 2017-18 season.
For those of you unable to make the visit to the Walks in person, we look forward to you joining us on line this coming Saturday.
I'm sure you will all join us in wishing Ian Culverhouse and his new look team, every success.

Linnet

• View Profile
Re: The live update service
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 09:55:18 AM »
Great news

Well done to both parties
It would have been a major miss

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 10:03:52 AM »
Great news

Agreed Linnet. Use is on a regular basis - reporting and also when unable to attend.

Just as I was going to donate I was beaten to it. I can afford a second cup of coffee at the games this season.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

somerset linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 11:22:14 AM »
Many thanks to both companies and to the trust who must have been involved in bringing it all together. Living down here in Somerset it is my only way of following the linnets on Saturdays. So once again thanks to all concerned. :cheers: :cheers:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 11:30:54 AM »
Great news

Agreed Linnet. Use is on a regular basis - reporting and also when unable to attend.

Just as I was going to donate I was beaten to it. I can afford a second cup of coffee at the games this season.

Buy me one instead. Lmfao  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
Donít you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 11:44:54 AM »

Just as I was going to donate I was beaten to it.

You can still donate Mike.

The exact cost of running it depends on exchange rates as its billed in US dollars, so cost could increase.

Also, they have not increased the cost for a while so a price hike is expected at sometime.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2017, 12:15:38 PM »
Great news

Buy me one instead. Lmfao  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Bring a straw and you can share.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2017, 12:23:38 PM »

Just as I was going to donate I was beaten to it.

The exact cost of running it depends on exchange rates as its billed in US dollars, so cost could increase.

Also, they have not increased the cost for a while so a price hike is expected at somnetime.

Can the "Donate" Link be added as a permanent feature on the Home Page rather than only when the Live Update is active?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2017, 07:40:28 PM »

Also, they have not increased the cost for a while so a price hike is expected at somnetime.

Can the "Donate" Link be added as a permanent feature on the Home Page rather than only when the Live Update is active?
I have added a donate button to the original news item for anyone wishing to donate.