Author Topic: Top of the league!  (Read 3673 times)

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
Top of the league!
« on: August 20, 2017, 06:56:43 PM »
Just been looking at the websites for Banbury, Kettering and Redditch ( the teams around us at the top).
We are top for admission prices as being in the " zone between 60 and 65" I could go and watch those teams for 6!
Why some concessions at 60, other places at 65! Peterborough concessions at 60, Norwich 65.
Bus pass England 65, Wales 60!
I understand the revenue is needed to attract good players ( one of whom was out injured yesterday!)

OldSchoolLinnet

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Re: Top of the league!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 08:57:57 PM »
Oh a post about admission prices, that's a new one for the forum........

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 09:37:47 PM »
I don't think the point regarding 60 or 65 for concessions has been raised before on the forum! I apologise if it has  and if so would appreciate where I can find it?
I like to add that the football is worth the admission prices at the moment! I am not complaining; just looking for a way of saving a few pounds!

LinnetsSoccer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 06:29:22 AM »
Older people are now, on average, better off the younger people. Perhaps there should be an under 50 discount?  :countingmoney:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 11:11:59 AM »
Dare I mention the unemployed?  :dontknow:
"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last."

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 12:18:12 PM »
How about us with worsening eyesight.  People with 20/20 vision are getting a much better deal for their 12 than us who don't see so well these days.  :laughcry:

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2017, 01:12:53 PM »
I need more room these days. Should I pay extra?

LinnetsSoccer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 02:21:37 PM »
The club should just charge 6 entry and it'd be like in the good old days, we'd run at a huge loss and go bust but at least the ground was full and there were real glasses in the bar  :oldman"

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2017, 02:48:48 PM »
The club should just charge 6 entry and it'd be like in the good old days, we'd run at a huge loss and go bust but at least the ground was full and there were real glasses in the bar  :oldman"

It is called finding a balance and having an opinion, many think that 10 is about the right price for this level, many are happy to pay more!  As for glasses in the bar well Mr Cleeve at the fans forum was quite flippant when he said that was an easy fix, once he had fixed that he could concentrate on the real matters in hand! Now he can't find a plumber to plumb in a glasswasher, hand him a yellow pages someone!
Everything is great when the team is winning, but will the crowd hold up if we suffer a few losses?  As for the bar,at the first home game I must have been the most empty I have ever seen it,827 crowd, not even a queue at the bar,when I walked in there wasn't even one person at the bar! After the game I didn't see one person in the bar, what is the answer to that? :dontknow:

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2017, 02:51:04 PM »
3 wins out of 3. Very good start and people STILL going on about pricing and plastic glasses  :banghead;

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2017, 02:55:57 PM »
3 wins out of 3. Very good start and people STILL going on about pricing and plastic glasses  :banghead;

Move on don't like the thread don't read it, your moaning about other people moaning is getting more irritating than people moaning, which is nearly as irritating as 'nom de plumes '! :banghead;

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2017, 02:57:48 PM »

Move on don't like the thread don't read it, your moaning about other people moaning is getting more irritating than people moaning, which is nearly as irritating as 'nom de plumes '! :banghead;

Surely you have to read the thread to know what it says?

I'll take you advice though Grissles and move on. Thanks for that. Maybe you can do the same?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2017, 03:01:44 PM »

Surely you have to read the thread to know what it says?

I'll take you advice though Grissles and move on. Thanks for that. Maybe you can do the same?

What will I move on from? Maybe have a beer with you in the bar Saturday?  Or maybe not, for one I won't be at the game, for two I won't be using the bar,and for three if I was there you wouldn't be!  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

TDA

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2017, 03:29:05 PM »

It is called finding a balance and having an opinion, many think that 10 is about the right price for this level, many are happy to pay more!  As for glasses in the bar well Mr Cleeve at the fans forum was quite flippant when he said that was an easy fix, once he had fixed that he could concentrate on the real matters in hand! Now he can't find a plumber to plumb in a glasswasher, hand him a yellow pages someone!
Everything is great when the team is winning, but will the crowd hold up if we suffer a few losses?  As for the bar,at the first home game I must have been the most empty I have ever seen it,827 crowd, not even a queue at the bar,when I walked in there wasn't even one person at the bar! After the game I didn't see one person in the bar, what is the answer to that? :dontknow:

Aside from the frankly tedious banter between some of you on this thread there is a decent point here.  The revamp of the bar under the previous regime has made the place incredibly sterile and unappealing.  Prices are one thing and the quality of beer, and so are glasses to some it seems, but in order to make people drink in a place there needs to be a little bit of character.  I understand that in order to get some other revenue outside of match day you need to make the place perhaps a bit more generic, but it has gone too far.  I recall with some fondness the old bar which was heaving in the old days.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2017, 03:41:35 PM »

Aside from the frankly tedious banter between some of you on this thread there is a decent point here.  The revamp of the bar under the previous regime has made the place incredibly sterile and unappealing.  Prices are one thing and the quality of beer, and so are glasses to some it seems, but in order to make people drink in a place there needs to be a little bit of character.  I understand that in order to get some other revenue outside of match day you need to make the place perhaps a bit more generic, but it has gone too far.  I recall with some fondness the old bar which was heaving in the old days.

Much as we all hate to queue up and moan about it, I much preferred standing in a packed bar watching the full time scores on the big screen to what we have now!  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: