Author Topic: Top of the league!  (Read 4369 times)

LinnetsSoccer

• View Profile
Re: Top of the league!
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2017, 04:14:33 PM »
What would make the bar more appealing? I would like to see:
memorabilia on the wall,
wooden chairs/tables,
Pint glasses rather than plastics.

f we can collate a good list I will put it to the chairman.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2017, 04:17:59 PM »
A big screen would be nice, proper glasses, neutral decor so it befits a football club and can be used for functions, we don't want a tacky look reminiscent of the 80s.
Donít you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.

LinnetsSoccer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2017, 04:19:20 PM »
A big screen would be nice, proper glasses, neutral decor so it befits a football club and can be used for functions, we don't want a tacky look reminiscent of the 80s.

Could you find an example online of the type of decor which you would prefer?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2017, 04:26:38 PM »

Could you find an example online of the type of decor which you would prefer?

Just a basic plain paint job that could be easily decorated by anyone hiring the bar, football themed memorabilia to give a bit of an atmosphere?
Donít you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.

wack

• Steve Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2017, 04:56:47 PM »
 Ahhh, oh for the old days when I used to drink and I would have to sharpen my elbows to get a pint before,at half time and after the match. :sad:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2017, 05:04:24 PM »
Used to be able to put an order in for your half time drink to beat the queue.  :cheers:

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2017, 05:11:12 PM »
Used to be able to put an order in for your half time drink to beat the queue.  :cheers:

Or, run up to the Seven Sisters! :) :cheers:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2017, 05:12:51 PM »
Prawn  Sarnies

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2017, 05:18:12 PM »
Should be some football memorabilia or current pictures up around the place - easy to take down if needed when the venue is booked for a party.

I've been to away grounds where things like scarfs etc are on the wall/ceiling/bar area which also helps.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2017, 05:53:00 PM »
As I have said on many occasions it would be great if  it could be used during the week as just a bar,maybe only a cuople of nights a week,Tuesday and a Thursday for instance? Pool table and dart board,dominoes and cards,may not be perfect but would get the bar being used? Perhaps even double the cost for joining the FOTL to include use of a new Blue and Gold social club? :cheers: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2017, 10:17:40 PM »
As I have said on many occasions it would be great if  it could be used during the week as just a bar,maybe only a cuople of nights a week,Tuesday and a Thursday for instance? Pool table and dart board,dominoes and cards,may not be perfect but would get the bar being used? Perhaps even double the cost for joining the FOTL to include use of a new Blue and Gold social club? :cheers: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

keep on grissles. the bean counter will take you seriously one day.  unless someone is in his ear advising otherwise..  :oldman"

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2017, 11:35:41 PM »

keep on grissles. the bean counter will take you seriously one day.  unless someone is in his ear advising otherwise..  :oldman"

Perhaps somebody apart from me will read it,wrap it up as their idea, be hailed a groundbreaking suggestion? :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

THE DUKE

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2017, 08:41:48 PM »
John I am trying to get the glass washer plumbed in I will check on Saturday the supporter involved has been very ill but I will do my best. As to the rest I am not a drinker but I bow to your collective wisdom how to get the Clubroom used more do the players mingle after matches.

LinnetsSoccer

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2017, 07:02:02 AM »
John I am trying to get the glass washer plumbed in I will check on Saturday the supporter involved has been very ill but I will do my best. As to the rest I am not a drinker but I bow to your collective wisdom how to get the Clubroom used more do the players mingle after matches.

Well done Duke, great to see supporters actually making a positive difference rather than running their mouths moaning on here. Great work and thank you.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2017, 07:58:11 AM »

Well done Duke, great to see supporters actually making a positive difference rather than running their mouths moaning on here. Great work and thank you.

Could you not stop and think for a moment that maybe it is only because of people 'running their mouths off' on here that something is being done?  Due to the fact that we have no recognised body of fans that can go to Mr Cleeve and suggest things, this seems to be the only medium that gets the message home!  So until a better solution is found, carry on moaning people!  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: