Author Topic: Frome at home  (Read 4650 times)

TDA

• View Profile
Frome at home
« on: August 24, 2017, 07:03:01 AM »
I'll be making the pilgrimage back to my home town on the weekend and bringing my 5 year old lad to the game (his favourite players Alex Street and Toby Hilliard).  So thats 2 more towards the 1000 mark.

Looking forward to it! COYL

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Frome at home
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 08:10:25 AM »
Sadly will be missing this one, family commitments and all that.

Hoping for 2 things, a home win and a 4 figure gate.  Both are highly achievable.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 09:30:58 AM »
This game has a lot going for it, we are unbeaten, the weather forecast is good, its also a bank holiday weekend. And the beer is free for this game.   OK lied about the last bit !    2-0 WIN, Att 890.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 09:50:49 PM »
Win would be good oops that will be another fiver it will cost me but it's for a good cause

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 10:36:10 PM »
I'm thinking 3-1 to Lynn,crowd 1200,a game like no other so take your brother. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

birch95

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 06:51:03 AM »
1200 gate too early for that yet, :dontknow: hopefully reach the 1k, still don't think other than the regulars that the remaining hopefuls have or will buy into the team yet :dontknow: a good performance and win will stir the non followers into action with continued media broadcasting :typing: tomorrow for me will be an acid test as frome finishing eighth last term were a decent side, I for one are expecting exciting times ahead especially if gash can keep fit :worship: 20-30 goals all day long :scarf:

Paddygray

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2017, 10:13:47 AM »
If we can make it four from four then we will be in dreamland. So far Frome have lost two home games but have won on the road and now that the season is in full swing they should be a big test. Can anyone say anymore about what we should expect from them, I seem to recall them being a big strong team who may try and knock us off the ball.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2017, 10:38:29 AM »
I said after the Friendlies that I would take a repeat of those 7 games - namely 5 wins, 1 draw and 1 lose in the first 7 league games.

Looking good but, don't count your chickens before the eggs have hatched.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2017, 10:35:06 AM »
3 - 1 Mettam, Parker, Clunan.  Attendance 903

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2017, 01:14:17 PM »
5-0 Mettam 2, Parker 2 and Clunan with a penalty.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Paddygray

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2017, 06:39:49 PM »
Shambles shambles shambles shambles shambles shambles shambles shambles....not the football but the set up at the bar. I was at work at six this morning and looked forward to a couple of beers with the footie. When I finished I was in the linnets lounge about 20 minutes before kick off. By the time I got served it was 10 minutes into the game and the lager was off and then they shut the bar in the second half. Madness. If we are meant to have confidence in the business plan for this club then get the basics right. As for the footie it was obvious Frome were not interested in a game.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2017, 06:43:20 PM »
Shambles shambles shambles shambles shambles shambles shambles shambles....not the football but the set up at the bar. I was at work at six this morning and looked forward to a couple of beers with the footie. When I finished I was in the linnets lounge about 20 minutes before kick off. By the time I got served it was 10 minutes into the game and the lager was off and then they shut the bar in the second half. Madness. If we are meant to have confidence in the business plan for this club then get the basics right. As for the footie it was obvious Frome were not interested in a game.

They had a wedding to get ready for, obviously more lucrative than nearly 1000 football fans?  :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2017, 08:08:37 PM »
Do I detect a twang of hypocrisy because the club hired out its facilities, I'd be fairly certain the wedding was booked before the fixtures came out, and yes Gris you're right a wedding would be far far more lucrative than the few pence per pint they would make serving beer in a 15 minute half time.
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2017, 08:12:56 PM »
Do I detect a twang of hypocrisy because the club hired out its facilities, I'd be fairly certain the wedding was booked before the fixtures came out, and yes Gris you're right a wedding would be far far more lucrative than the few pence per pint they would make serving beer in a 15 minute half time.

Could have opened the bar upstairs? :dontknow:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2017, 08:47:56 PM »
Other clubs if a function clashed with a game have made alternative arrangements for fans,so it wouldn't be a case of losing the fans money to accomadate a function? The only alternative to the main bar that was offered to the fans was the cafe,cans of beer at £3.50,I think not,local publicans must be laughing their socks off at Mr Cleeves seemingly inept grasp of running a business? First home game of the season after the game the bar was empty,Lord Napier was packed,and I can't see it getting any better,the only thing he seems to se is getting people through the gate,but people need more,the bar needs to be made attractive,or it will carry on losing trade!! :oldman"