Author Topic: The next few games..................  (Read 5251 times)

rod

• View Profile
The next few games..................
« on: December 18, 2015, 02:30:31 PM »
........could well define our season? It was around this time last year when it all started to go dramatically wrong. If we can say pick up a minimum of six points from the next three games (one home, two away) I really believe that would give us the momentum to become serious play off contenders...However we know from bitter expererience just what can happen!!

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: The next few games..................
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 02:39:58 PM »
Know where you are comign from Rod, but think this season is a completely different kettle of fish to last season.  Season 2014/15 we ended up with a good few players who didnt give a stuff whether they won, lost or drew.  In fact it appeared at times like some didnt give a stuff if they even played or not.  Setch had built a team going nowhere, and nowhere fast. 

This season it is filled with Local boys who are maybe performing above where they should be at this stage.  I feel we will see ups and downs this seaosn as a few of them learn their trade and improve.  Next season though is when this squad ( with maybe one or additions) should be judged.  Potenial is all well and good but at some point you have to deliver. 

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 03:01:54 PM »
Can't argue with any of that, Mallard but I do believe it is vital that we stay in touch with a play off place as a possibility if not a probability, as if we do not, I forsee gates declining alarmingly.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 07:05:21 PM »
I think the gates will only start picking up back to a decent level once we mount a serious promotion bid is mounted. I don't think this squad is anywhere ready for that challenge. Of course we will see the odd biggie gate down at The Walks, Boxing Day for example. Despite the team being full of local talent and a full time General Manager the gates are still not showing any sign of improvement.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 11:18:35 AM »
Again we are essentially in agreement! Though not so sure about a big gate on Boxing Day as always used to be so as perhaps the habit of 'men going to the match' has been broken? Certainly where I sit in the main stand the regulars will not be there due to domestic commitments and I am unsure as to whether I will be able to attend as visiting family members may out vote me!!

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 12:58:55 PM »
3 points in the bank but only watched by 119....two less than at our reserve game!

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 04:56:37 PM »
I shall be there on Boxing Day - put my foot down (stamped my little feet). One home game in December apart from Kettering - she's had me chasing around enough every weekend so now it's a bit of "me time".
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2015, 07:56:33 AM »
A few Interesting home games coming up in The New Year.  I good run of form could see us up toward the play off area.  A good win on Boxing day will set things up nicely.

Still feel the squad could do with a body or 2 coming in to give us a bit more depth.  Any Local players that people feel should be targeted by Setch ?  Still has the budget money he is saving from the departure of Marshall. 

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2015, 10:30:34 AM »
As with the Frome game, have we done enough to market the Kettering game on Boxing Day? For many it is part of the Christmas ritual, and there are no additional fixtures thrown in to this Christmas/New Year period - it's a very straightforward Saturday - Saturday this year.

Also, the board outside the ground is still advertising our next home game as Biggleswade on 27th October. The club isn't exactly helping themselves here?!

Mallard, has Marshall actually left the club? I know that he won't play again this season, but as far as I've seen he is still very much a KLTFC player.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2015, 10:38:17 AM »
Robbo, left or otherwise as I dont think he was on contract then i would assume we wouldnt be paying him, so I was suggesting that Money was available for adding to the squad.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2015, 11:18:42 AM »
I actually think we are ok at the moment. For example David Bridges was expected to feature a lot less this year with his move into the coaching role. He's back to being a regular in the first team and it has to be said has continued to play very, very well.

According to the FA website Hilliard is banned for 4 games starting with St. Neots on 2nd January. A massive loss to us. Is it too early for Dylan to be given a start? Will Sam stay fit? Will Jacek be given the number nine role? We're still very lightweight in attack as it is. That's where my concern lies.