Author Topic: Coleshill  (Read 3469 times)

Nemesis

• View Profile
Coleshill
« on: August 31, 2017, 05:56:52 PM »
According to the Lynn News we are so confident about tomorrow we are fielding the youth team  :laughcry:
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Birc95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Re: Coleshill
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 07:07:32 AM »
Halesowen/coalville both spring to mind when we play midlands based sides, for me the achievement of coleshill reaching the semi-final of the fa vase last year is a massive warning, plus 27 goals already this season :dontknow: but.....we are on our day a different side now apart from a plan "b" scenario- sorry ian!!  :scarf: coyl :scarf:

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 11:47:08 AM »
I will never count our chickens if they turn up and we don't  a right thrashing could be on the cards .  27 goals this season means there strikers no where the net is, so our defence will have to be on there A game

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 12:33:21 PM »
Of course  Cup shocks happen, that's what make the Competition special, certainly at the early stages, until the big boys take over.  However,  as a squad Kings Lynn should have too much in their locker for Coleshill, no matter what team IC puts out.

Turtle84

• Aka Tom
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 06:29:16 PM »
a good performance today, job done in the 1st half. I do have a grumble tho. where I stand in the 2nd half it was amazing to hear" what a load of fing rubbish " "boring" "that wasn't a good performance". these are the same people who constantly moaned about setch and his tactics, made me so annoyed. yes we took our foot of the gas in the 2nd half but we won, yes we kept the ball and yes they had a go at us, teams will, just seems that some will never be happy. I was happy, job done, we are in the hat, look forward to Tues night now

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 06:51:52 PM »
I thought in the first half we where amazing we had won the game in the first 25 minutes I don't blame  them for taking the foot of the gas why knock yourselves up when the game was won.Good to see Metts getting in with 2goals I think we have the makings of a very good team here ,well done boys

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2017, 07:49:36 PM »
Imitation is the best form of flattery and Coleshill copied our playing style in the second half. Their manager must have reminded them that they could play football and they came out for the second 45minutes and showed us what the are capable of. They have certainly started their season well at Step 5 and on today's showing should definitely have a good season in their league. I would say that the 2nd half was 50/50 split for possession and flair. Although congratulation to Lynn are in order for winning today, a big well done should be given to Coleshill for their determination and fortitude in not dropping their heads and coming back in fine style for the final 45minutes. Guys, you have nothing to be ashamed of on today's performance - you probably showed Lynn to much respect and paid the price with 4goals in 25minutes.

As for Lynn, you gave a fine performance in the first half and contained a determined side in the second. Well done boys. I was so impressed with all of the team today and would be hard pressed to nominate a MOM.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2017, 08:04:12 PM »
You go 4 up in the opening 1/4 of the game. What's left ? No point in go chasing the game. You do a professional job and see out the game and conserve as much entertainment as you can ready to go again.

If you are good enough to get 90 mins worth of work done in 25 mins. Then it's job done. No matter how many you won by in a cup game all you get is a place in the next round. Ogject achieved.

Have a feeling this could be the year for a place in the first round  proper. If the gods are smiling on us.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2017, 08:53:08 PM »
Excellent game and result, biggest disappointment for me was watching everyone just walk out of the gates, very few heading towards the bar? A few years back after a game like today the bar would have been packed, walked past the Napier and it was packed!  :cheers:
Don’t you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.

LinnetsSoccer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2017, 09:53:23 PM »
Excellent game and result, biggest disappointment for me was watching everyone just walk out of the gates, very few heading towards the bar? A few years back after a game like today the bar would have been packed, walked past the Napier and it was packed!  :cheers:

This genuinely made me laugh out loud. This is this most "grissles" post on the forum I've read. Is Grissles a real person or a character?

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2017, 10:15:12 PM »
He's real alright met him today at the match

THE DUKE

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2017, 10:24:32 PM »
A good gate and an excellent result should bring people back next week all the crowd in high spirits looking forward to three points next Saturday and a Home draw in the Cup shame Wisbech lost that would have been a cracker.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2017, 12:08:10 AM »

This genuinely made me laugh out loud. This is this most "grissles" post on the forum I've read. Is Grissles a real person or a character?

More real than most of the chinless wonders who post on here.  :laughcry:  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
Don’t you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2017, 12:50:58 AM »
Cracking first half performance today.

You often hear managers talk about "game management" and I thought Lynn managed the game really well today -  blow the opponents away in the first 25 minutes and then see the result through, which we did really well.
I've no complaints with their goal as it was a worldie, a strike in a million

What impressed me today, more than anything, was the seemingly "togetherness" of the team - everytime we scored, all players made sure they joined in the celebration - even if it took a while to get there!!

Metts (great to have him back) touched upon this on the radio afterwards, that all players are playing for each other and when Hawks went through and blazed the ball over the bar, rather than play somebody else in, Hawks got a flea in his ear!!

Good times.......looking forward to Mondays draw!!

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2017, 07:30:43 AM »
My dad ,my brothers and I were only remarking on the first half that we thought it was the best football we had seen from a Lynn team for years,second half I think they took their foot off the gas a bit and allowed Coleshill to play a little bit. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: