Author Topic: Locals bring fresh hope  (Read 5479 times)

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
Locals bring fresh hope
« on: December 20, 2015, 04:07:47 PM »
Since more local players have come into team from res and other local clubs prospects look brighter, and team looks fresher the worrying thing is gates are falling why? What needs to be done to reverse this? answers on a post card send to KLTFC.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Re: Locals bring fresh hope
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 04:59:53 PM »
Success and a good Cup run.

Also more posts on this Forum and "the other place" to liven up the interest.  KLTFC also seems to not get the big Headlines Splashes on the back page of Lynn News.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 07:28:18 PM »
I'll second that, Mike...........Also completely agree about the lack of exposure in the media and of forum activity...There was a time when we virtually 'owned ' the back page of the Lynn News.....Outside of a seemingly ever decreasing hard core of support, apathy would seem to be the prevailing emotion?

The Fenman

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 01:24:30 PM »
Nothing wrong with the back page coverage on the local papers.  I for one think it's awesome....

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 03:44:29 PM »
Nothing wrong with the back page coverage on the local papers.  I for one think it's awesome....

i'm furyous with that statement fenners.  :red card:

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 08:26:19 PM »

That's because you play with bigger balls.  :laughcry:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 07:52:16 AM »
Minority Newsapaper minority Sport.  How much coverage does this sport get on a national Level with papers, or even at local level at The EDP ?

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2015, 01:56:58 PM »
As much as it deserves Mallard. The Lynn News website seems to think that minority sports and lower league football are more important so I suppose the paper will be the same. Are there as many readers of the YLP these days anyway?

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2015, 07:14:03 PM »
i would say more read ylp than Lynn news sport coverage superior.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2015, 10:59:30 AM »
I think more go online to look at the Lynn News than now buy the paper which IMO is grossly over priced......As the circulation drops they increase the price...a viscious circle?

GrahamB

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2015, 01:02:45 PM »
When we sponsored we collated every newspaper item to evaluate the press coverage. then we were getting editorial and pictures every Tuesday and sometimes Friday in the Lynn news AND back page of the EDP (Western edition) more often than not. But I guess that was down to the success on the pitch and as that has diminished so has the press coverage to , in my opinion, a pitiful state.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2015, 03:06:27 PM »
can't be down to "success"  lowestoft  still get 2 pages in the west & fens edition of the edp on a monday, even if they lose.

GrahamB

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2015, 03:29:48 PM »
But the EDP did that then they always preferred the team from "Suffolk" rather than Norfolk's second team!

gs

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2015, 06:59:43 PM »
Yes and their gates are well down on last year.