Author Topic: Today's attendance (Stratford)  (Read 2015 times)

Today's attendance (Stratford)
« on: September 09, 2017, 11:59:25 PM »
Firstly, to point out, this isn't a whinge/discussion about prices

But I was curious to peoples thoughts as to why todays attendance could be down by almost 300 people from the last home league game.

In the meantime from the last league home game we've had an emphatic win in the cup, yet today only 659 turn up.

Bizarre

Blue Moon

• View Profile
Re: Today's attendance (Stratford)
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 12:11:30 AM »
NWN league started last week I believe, that's a lot of football fans start playing ... May bea reason

Norwich at home

Man City thrashing the scousers live on tele

Country and game fair at Sandringham
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 12:26:39 AM »
Last week they brought a 100 plus fans with them today maybe 4 and Norwich where at home last season that would have been a good crowd

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 06:17:32 AM »
Added to the reasons above, 3 home games in a row. Some people might struggle to come to all of them, either due to financial reasons, or family ones.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 07:02:34 AM »
And maybe one or two defections to Wisbech to follow their new manager?  :dontknow:
Donít you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.

Birc95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 07:31:12 AM »
Seriously griss :laughcry: perhaps only a supporter who travelled from Wisbech would comprehend  now watching Wisbech :dontknow:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 08:05:45 AM »
Have to feel for Stephen Cleeve. He has gave the fans one of the best squads we have had at Lynn for many a year. That together with one of the best Managers the club has had. Top of the table and we can't pull in 700 people. What else can the guy do ? I reLly thought yesterday we would smash the 4 figure barrier.

Birc95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2017, 08:23:13 AM »
I still state with the team towards the top & good runs in the cups the missing numbers will come in time but ......the dreaded £12 is keeping many at bay for the time being  :sad:

THE DUKE

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2017, 11:31:30 AM »
What will happen when the fifteen pounds matches are announced up or down the crowd Mr Cleeve should not kill the Golden Goose or no eggs and no good will. The Club will only prosper with a good solid support and the floaters pick and choose withe their feet.

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2017, 12:09:32 PM »
A great win yesterday. Unfortunately I was unable to attend as my father was unwell. Sad to miss the match but followed on line. I pad for the Norwich game, desktop for Lynn ( great coverage-thanks).
Was able to watch final score on Tv and help dad check his pools. We blokes are suppose to be no good at multi tasking but I find it o.k. when it comes to football. Looking forward to getting back to the Walks and making a small contribution in swelling the crowd.

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2017, 04:39:55 PM »
I still state with the team towards the top & good runs in the cups the missing numbers will come in time but ......the dreaded £12 is keeping many at bay for the time being  :sad:

We don't know that the price hike is the reason (St Ives away was more expensive than Lynn at home.) I can't believe that £2 is causing 1/3 of the attendance for the previous home league gate to drop away. None of us know the reason. It might be a lot of home games and a local derby away in close succession which has caused this but who knows it is probably a combination of things:

a lot of recent home games,
Norwich at home,
big match on Sky,
the £12 price,
supporters saving pennies for the Nuneaton match next week,
poor travelling support and
Grissles constant moaning about the bar!

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2017, 04:47:24 PM »

We don't know that the price hike is the reason (St Ives away was more expensive than Lynn at home.) I can't believe that £2 is causing 1/3 of the attendance for the previous home league gate to drop away. None of us know the reason. It might be a lot of home games and a local derby away in close succession which has caused this but who knows it is probably a combination of things:

a lot of recent home games,
Norwich at home,
big match on Sky,
the £12 price,
supporters saving pennies for the Nuneaton match next week,
poor travelling support and
Grissles constant moaning about the bar!

Add to that: Work, Family Commitments (weddings, parties etc.), and in my case a Re-Union with RAF friends who I have not seen for 37years.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2017, 04:50:41 PM »
Have to feel for Stephen Cleeve. He has gave the fans one of the best squads we have had at Lynn for many a year. That together with one of the best Managers the club has had. Top of the table and we can't pull in 700 people. What else can the guy do ? I reLly thought yesterday we would smash the 4 figure barrier.

With you all the way on this one Mallard. If you consider the transformation that has taken place in the quality of football since last season and this has been achieved over the summer, then clearly Culverhouse is a damned impressive coach and this project deserves our wholehearted support.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2017, 05:40:58 PM »
Got to laugh, nice to see I may have contributed to the reasons 300 people didn't turn up for the game yesterday, it is great knowing that I have that much influence over people.  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Why do you have to feel for Mr Cleeve?  He knew what he was taking on, he has the same ambition as Buster had,but nobody came out in support of Buster? The big difference is Buster was open about running it as a business,  Mr Cleeve wraps it up by saying his only ambition is to get King's Lynn into the football league, Buster was cautious with how he spent money, Mr Cleeve is throwing money at it, and with good results at the moment and they are getting plenty of well deserved praise. Any significant drop in attendance will have a big effect and a drop of 300 is a drop in revenue probably in the region of £4000, too many drops like that will have a knock on effect on the budget, and if the budget is cut how will that affect moral?  If it all goes tits up will it be the fans fault, or the fault of the business owner for failing to make the place an attractive proposition?  If a pub fails it is normally the fault of the landlord, not making it attractive?  Let's just hope it is a blip,and the next home game attracts 1000 plus, a good win Tuesday night and getting through to the next round of the cup will go a long way to aiding that aim. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Donít you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2017, 06:54:53 PM »
Look on the bright side Griss it's not all gloom and doom the team are flying high it's the best team I have ever seen in a Lynn shirt so fasten your seat belts we are in for one a hell of a ride