Author Topic: Today's attendance (Stratford)  (Read 2014 times)

Re: Today's attendance (Stratford)
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2017, 06:57:42 PM »
5 missing was from me and my lads. Just too busy an some of them skint. Looking forward to the Nun match :cup2:
Harry H Overton & Co (Est'd 1975)  Supporting the Linnets since 1964

Bovril

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2017, 07:24:38 PM »
I think that the team are doing fantastic but also the biggest team budget that we have had so I was told in a discussion?? So we should be about the top somewhere.
With the comments from grissels about the bar have to be taken into consideration as apart from watching half time scores it is never packed?? We have a happy hour 1-2 but we don't have football on TVs or screen ?? So supporters will drink in places like the Fenman,the bowls club and the Napier before a game as you can see a game have a bit of subtle banter. With the fact that last time the club promoted happy hour with football on Bt had finished at the club and two supporters turned up and wasn't to chuffed,  as said before the old club bar was always heaving from 2:00 at halftime and after games to meet the players as now I'm led to believe doesn't happen as they go upstairs??

This has to be addressed to some degree as it is also a great money earner for the club as people have said the social side does seem to be lacking.

Loopy,linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2017, 07:25:28 PM »
Got to laugh, nice to see I may have contributed to the reasons 300 people didn't turn up for the game yesterday, it is great knowing that I have that much influence over people.  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Why do you have to feel for Mr Cleeve?  He knew what he was taking on, he has the same ambition as Buster had,but nobody came out in support of Buster? The big difference is Buster was open about running it as a business,  Mr Cleeve wraps it up by saying his only ambition is to get King's Lynn into the football league, Buster was cautious with how he spent money, Mr Cleeve is throwing money at it, and with good results at the moment and they are getting plenty of well deserved praise. Any significant drop in attendance will have a big effect and a drop of 300 is a drop in revenue probably in the region of £4000, too many drops like that will have a knock on effect on the budget, and if the budget is cut how will that affect moral?  If it all goes tits up will it be the fans fault, or the fault of the business owner for failing to make the place an attractive proposition?  If a pub fails it is normally the fault of the landlord, not making it attractive?  Let's just hope it is a blip,and the next home game attracts 1000 plus, a good win Tuesday night and getting through to the next round of the cup will go a long way to aiding that aim. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
. Gotto be the most sensible post you've ever posted

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2017, 08:15:36 PM »
Thanks Loopy :cheers: The fact of the matter is that we have seen a considerable increase in budget,but no significant increse in income? :bankrupt: :dontknow:
Donít you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2017, 08:40:18 PM »

(St Ives away was more expensive than Lynn at home.)

Are you sure about that Stan?

David Button

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2017, 08:47:18 PM »
For various reasons it was the first match for me at Lynn this season. I have to say it reminded me of the football we played in the Northern Premier League in the early eighties. Certainly one of the best Lynn teams I've seen ever. Surprised that there was a sudden drop in the attendance though.
I can only see this team getting better.
And Grissles why would anyone defect to Wisbech with football like that at the Walks?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2017, 08:47:58 PM »
Donít you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2017, 08:49:53 PM »
For various reasons it was the first match for me at Lynn this season. I have to say it reminded me of the football we played in the Northern Premier League in the early eighties. Certainly one of the best Lynn teams I've seen ever. Surprised that there was a sudden drop in the attendance though.
I can only see this team getting better.
And Grissles why would anyone defect to Wisbech with football like that at the Walks?

Maybe one or two were loyal to Setch and preferred his company in the bar after the game? :dontknow:

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2017, 09:11:41 PM »

(St Ives away was more expensive than Lynn at home.)

Are you sure about that Stan?

It costs me and my 17 year old son £16 to watch Lynn; it was £20 at St Ives.

http://stivestownfc.co.uk/admission-prices-2017-18/

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2017, 10:21:48 PM »

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2017, 11:00:30 PM »
Just glad I don't watch other sports like I used to, used to be speedway and football, price of both nowadays makes watching sports an expensive hobby?  :dirtbike: :dontknow:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2017, 11:31:02 AM »
Griss, Speedway hasn't been worth watching this season apparently.  Things haven't been all that great down at Buster Boulevard.  Riders refusing to ride, followed by sackings.  Co-Promoters quitting.  Riders having a go at Buster and his track preparation left right and centre.  Fans voting with their feet.  Buster quoted as saying he cant wait for the season to end.  Some fans even saying it could be the end of Speedway under Buster's watch.

Only consolation is that he isn't still involved at The Walks. Maybe Stephen Cleeve could offer him some advice on how to run Sports venture in the Town ?

Richard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2017, 01:06:27 PM »
Ironically, Chapman's decision to have his own  website kltown.co.uk rather than continuing with thelinnets.co.uk as the official site resulted in the Trust having a much higher profile than it might otherwise have got.

Birc95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2017, 02:29:47 PM »
Arthur daley & Fagan come to mind... but lets enjoy it whilst we can for how long it lasts  :mystic:

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2017, 03:44:17 AM »
Here Here