Author Topic: Match preview V Royston Town  (Read 509 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
Match preview V Royston Town
« on: September 11, 2017, 09:59:41 AM »
Lynn make the trip to last season's Central Division Champions Royston Town on Tuesday evening looking for more league points.
Having been defeated 4-1 against Hereford on Saturday the visit of the league leaders is probably the last thing the Crows, as they are known, want.
Against Hereford, Royston did manage to take the lead on six minutes through former Cambridge United and Lincoln City striker Adam Marriott and were on level terms at half time. A penalty on 55 minutes turned the game in favour of the visitors and the home side's cause was not helped when they were reduced to ten men with ten minutes remaining - Lee Chappell, an experienced defender signed from St Albans during the summer, going off injured and all substitutes being used.
It is only the second time that clubs from the Lynn and Royston have met - the first being in September 1948 when the clubs met in the FA Cup. A special train was laid on for Lynn supporters who, it is reported, made up half gate at the Garden Walk which "numbered in hundreds".
Lynn ran out winners 6-1 although the match report gave credit to the then Hertfordshire County League side saying "they never gave up hope and made maximum use of their limited resources right up to the end".
The Crows have former Lynn player Matt Nolan in their squad although he hasn't been involved in recent matches. The now 35 year old striker, scored 53 times in his 121 appearances for Lynn.

Ground: Garden Walk, Royston, Herts SG8 7HP. As there is limited parking in the area fans are asked to use the Town Hall car park at SG8 7EF.

Admission: Adults 10, Concessions 6, Juniors 2.

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
Re: Match preview V Royston Town
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 10:56:21 AM »
Very informative and a good read- thank you.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 11:24:47 AM »
Matt Nolan hey,  good box player in his day.  Just not the most energetic looking player.  I guess even less so now he is mid 30's

Can see us getting a win here

Nigel1505

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 04:58:58 PM »
Will be there tomorrow night. Just a short ride down to Royston from Sandy. Looking forward to seeing our new team again. Went to Stamford a few weeks ago and was impressed with the way I.C. have them playing now. We should pick up three points against a team who were promoted last season, but usually when I go we get beaten, but hopefully not this time. Might see Tommy Taylor there, if he is still running the reserve side. :scarf:

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 05:25:20 PM »
Tommy Taylor now Academy scout at Stoke City I understand
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.