Author Topic: Kettering home Boxing day  (Read 11906 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Kettering home Boxing day
« on: December 22, 2015, 07:58:11 AM »
Should be a decent turn out, people wanting some fresh air and blow the cobwebs away are being stuck in all Christmas Day.

3-1 Home win for me.....Crowd 788

rod

• View Profile
Re: Kettering home Boxing day
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 11:46:16 AM »
I'll settle for 1-0 with anything above 650 a bonus.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 01:51:07 PM »
score draw,  att. 578

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 07:15:41 PM »
Admin what is the lowest boxing day att?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 07:50:53 PM »
1992 v Grantham attendance 387

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 11:37:42 AM »
Thanks admin have program and was there saved time researching,i think we will top that this year.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 12:44:08 PM »
I still believe that we could and should be doing much more outside of the websites to generate interest and new support...........As has been mentioned before, forthcoming events at the Norfolk Arena, even if Buster is not involved in some(?) advertise around the town and outside much more effectively....I noticed a promtional 'board' on the grass verge near the BP garage driving from Hunstanton earlier this week.

If they can do it??????????????????

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2015, 03:09:29 PM »
I still believe that we could and should be doing much more outside of the websites to generate interest and new support...........As has been mentioned before, forthcoming events at the Norfolk Arena, even if Buster is not involved in some(?) advertise around the town and outside much more effectively....I noticed a promtional 'board' on the grass verge near the BP garage driving from Hunstanton earlier this week.

tis a shame the club turned down the pr guru who has transformed the fury. 

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2015, 04:45:02 PM »
From a distance admittedly it does though seem to me that one of the weaknesses within the current administration is that on occasion they have declined offers of assistance, fearing perhaps a hidden agenda.......????

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2015, 09:41:57 PM »
From a distance admittedly it does though seem to me that one of the weaknesses within the current administration is that on occasion they have declined offers of assistance, fearing perhaps a hidden agenda.......????

hmm hidden agenda?  more like the people offering were members of the trust & friends.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2015, 10:08:55 AM »
The board outside the ground at Tennyson Road still shows our next home game as Biggleswade on 27th October !!

These are all little things that just might make a difference.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2015, 11:55:12 AM »
Absolutely, robbo - I believe it is about consistently getting the so called little things right, dotting i's etc rather than any grand gesture once in a while................The foundation should now be in place with Setch' 'in charge' and a progressive youth policy in place but as long as suspicion rather than trust (no pun intended) prevails about motives, in certain quarters, I do not see us moving forward on all fronts as we should be.......For me the commercial, marketing, comminication side of things is amateurish at best and on occassion non existant and that is perhaps an under statement.

None of the aforementioned is intended to be deliberately provocative but being a very long term supporter who still cares I make no apology for saying it as I see it.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS and a PEACEFUL, HEALTHY NEW YEAR to ALL FOOTBALL and specifically LINNET SUPPORTERS!!

The Fenman

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2015, 02:33:45 PM »

tis a shame the club turned down the pr guru who has transformed the fury.

Never thought of myself as a PR Guru. More of a communications man, but getting reports in, sending pics, making sure the press know what's going on etc, it just goes with the territory.  The Fury, well before my time there, used to get back pages when they were Div 1 10 yrs ago......  My interest is purely selfish... my lads started playing for them 3 yrs ago, and Dads do what Dads do.   

All local clubs are run by Mums and Dads.  Some have a magic sponge, some a magic pen...   I find that by allowing volunteers to get involved in a capacity they are happy to fulfill then it makes for a happy ship.

I think from what I am reading and hear, the football club is opening up outside volunteers more and more.  The hardest thing for anyone with control is getting the balance right between having your own team in place and having the right amount of volunteers......

I bet if ANYONE approached Setch and said 'this is missing and I could do a job for you' he will welcome you with open arms.....   

On that subject, no-one at the club would stop anyone from making a poster up and printing it off to post.   I bet that Setch would say yes if you asked for a player to turn up at an awards and achievers assembly at a local school....   Naturally, a dozen comp' tickets would be left behind as rewards to good behaviour etc...

No-one at the club would object if ppl called Radio Norfolk after a game and offered their opinion on the game or views on a player........   No-one at the club would object if they wanted to get involved in any match day role that can only increase the fan base or awareness of community work........

I'm sure most of that is being done, just not talked about............

Anyway,  hope you all have a great Christmas and successful 2016.....   It's what I intend to do......

7 home games in the last 10 and knocking on the door of a play-off space with games in hand....... Bring on 2016!  WE ARE!

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2015, 05:22:21 PM »
As allways Fenners well put however the problem of invovement of interested parties lies with the owner and not the manager, progress has been made but a lot more to do, cant see to much changing until the managers employer changes,still think Setch is right man fer job.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2015, 07:42:07 PM »
Wish I could help more, and I would if I lived closer to KL.