Author Topic: Kettering home Boxing day  (Read 11995 times)

Backie9

• View Profile
Re: Kettering home Boxing day
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2015, 12:54:08 PM »
Hi Everyone
Just wanted to say Merry Xmas to everyone on the Blue and Gold and thanks for all the support you have gave the reserves since I have been here

Have a great day everyone and see you all at the game tomorrow
Backie

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2015, 01:40:31 PM »
You deserve all the help and support you get Backie as previous res manager thanks for thanks.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2015, 06:21:03 PM »
We were ok first half, and well in the game.
second half, not so good....

Paddygray

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2015, 08:15:25 PM »
Today was a big opportunity missed. There was hardly anything between the teams in regards to form and points, so you hoped that home advantage would have tipped it. There won't be much of the extra support returning either after watching a 0-3. Its not as if you can blame the ref as he gave us one or two decisions. 1st goal=bottled it. 2nd goal=Barry fell over. 3rd goal=too easy.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2015, 10:12:01 PM »
Given our recent history with Feerick (today's ref) I've never been his biggest fan but he was certainly keen to stamp things out today. Two bookings for simulation is not something you are used to seeing at this level.

First half certainly had all the 'blood and thunder' of a derby day game. Up until the opening goal both sides may have argued they had just shaded it. Kettering had pace to hurt us up front and were dangerous on the break throughout. As Setch has always said at 1-0 down you are still live. Second half though we were totally out battled and perhaps lucky to only lose by three at the end. If I'm nitpicking the foul in the box on Stevenson was a definite penalty but the game was long gone by that time.

Hugely disappointed with the decision to play one up front at home yet again. The formation let Dylan down today and he will learn very little if the plan is to play him there and hoof balls at him like we did with Duffy and Speight. He worked hard, chased, and linked up well with others when he got the ball but kept having to drop back in order to see the ball. This formation has done very few favours to even seasoned strikers that have done very well elsewhere. Edge and Hilliard are at their most dangerous when playing together up top and I felt we really missed a trick with that today.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2015, 10:22:45 PM »
Even more frustrating to see that a win today would have put us within 2 points of the play offs. Next Saturday is crucial for three points now, but we need to improve dramatically on today.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2015, 10:23:35 PM »
I might be wrong but I thought their number ten received two yellow cards and stayed on the field , kettering were imo were the best side to visit the walks this season and their number 7 was a outstanding player we could do with him in a Lynn shirt

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2015, 10:53:21 PM »
Several people around me thought the same. It was the #11 that was booked in the first half for diving.

Frontman

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2015, 11:04:29 PM »
Anything is possible with Feerick!!
Self indulgent, prone to mistakes that amaze!!

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2015, 11:13:04 PM »
I got that wrong then must be getting old

gs

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2015, 09:45:01 AM »
Would like to see video certain 10 took the dive.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2015, 12:10:36 PM »
Would like to see video certain 10 took the dive.

was certain it was the Kettering player wearing a mop on his head that dived and was booked and was booked a second time later on.  :dontknow:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2015, 02:04:15 PM »
He was definitely booked in the second half which caused a number of fans to say it was a second yellow. I think the fact he was subbed almost immediately afterwards added to the confusion a little. I've gone back through the tweets from yesterday and certainly both news reporters feeds suggested it was Brighton (the 11) that was booked in the first half and also scored the first goal.

Either way I don't think a sending off would have made any difference to the outcome of the game. We had run out of ideas by that point.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2015, 02:41:22 PM »
Although unable to attend I was delighted at the size of gate which does illustrate the potential if we can deliver on the pitch to encourage the waverers to return. But as has happened quite often in the past we under perform (stage fright?) in front of a 'big' crowd. Such a shame and from other postings our formation did not appear to help Dylan. Were we too defensive?

I expected at worst either a low scoring draw or narrow defeat but not 0-3....Be interested to hear Setch's views if there is a post match interview???

A pattern seems to be developing - we are relatively ok against teams in the lower half when our more experienced players can bully the opposition but they find it difficult to do this against teams in the upper reaches of the league?

I felt that the last 2 games and St Neot's would perhaps define our season and that we needed at least 6 ponts to stay in touch and to attract back the supporters who are no longer regulars........so I think 3 points on Saturday is now the requirement.

It is all well and good to plan for the future but I just hope we can stay in touch with the play off places to ensure that our gates do not fall away, as yesterday shows just what is possible if the proposition on offer is attractive enough?

Julian 0812_f

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2015, 09:49:53 PM »
Lynn created a few chances didn't take them, a bit of luck in front of goal could of had a couple of goals, but got hit on the break 3- 4 times first half at least. Second half huffed and puffed and the same thing happened. One of those games where the better team won.
There were alot of Kettering fans in the ground, which increased the gate quite abit.