Author Topic: I heard a rumour..............  (Read 11722 times)

birch95

• View Profile
Re: I heard a rumour..............
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2017, 12:14:31 PM »
Everyone is entitled to an opinion :dontknow: its called a forum :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

The Fenman

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2017, 01:46:26 PM »
With respect, I know the burgers at Lynn are pretty good, but the very best in non-League are served at Lewes. Lewes is worth a trip on its own to sample the food - a proper locally produced steakburger with all the trimmings. Ok it costs, but is worth every penny. Lewes also have the unfortunate habit of hosting beer festivals on matchdays with Dark Star and up to 20 other local brews available. Thank goodness Lewes station is a short stroll from the ground - it's definitely not a venue to drive to.  :salute:

As an occasional 'Rabbler'  I can vouch for the Lewes Burger,  it's not even as good at the grass reared beef at Champion Hill though.....    I wont have any of it,  the Lynn burger is head and shoulders above anything in the Isthmian league...  #fact

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2017, 08:09:04 PM »
You got lucky Fenman.  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2017, 08:58:27 PM »
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Badger

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2017, 09:59:13 PM »
Grissles - do you mean you would pay whatever it costs after paying the admission fee to get in. Maybe you should remember that the chef who cooks our burgers etc also makes them.  They are brilliant and well worth the £3.00 and when the problem concerning the chips is rectified £5.00 for both is excellent value.

birch95

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2017, 06:35:16 AM »
that's your opinion :dontknow: £2 for chips, better off down wetherspoons ham/egg/chips £2.95 :bankrupt: :scarf:

The Fenman

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2017, 10:26:02 AM »
If you are a regular who has the fixture list built into your diary, then yes, it can be expensive...  If, like me and many others, you have to put a few quid aside here and there to be able to treat yourself a couple times a month, then it's well worth the money.  Football is a real treat and if it became a slog, like it sounds it is for quite a few, then i wouldn't bother turning up.....

Nothing better than a Tuesday night under the lights, slightly 'Beer-cheery' with burger juice dripping down your chin whilst shouting words of encouragement to the officials with your mates......  £20 for that.... bargain.....   

Oh, and if we get a goal or two to the good, even better.....

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2017, 10:39:59 AM »
that's your opinion :dontknow: £2 for chips, better off down wetherspoons ham/egg/chips £2.95 :bankrupt: :scarf:
Have to say I agree with this. Admission, a pint, burger and chips now costing around £20 for a couple of hours on a Saturday afternoon is expensive. Like many, I just pay my admission fee these days. No 50/50 ticket either.
I would think for many supporters with young families to support, its can't be easy for them to justify spending this sort of money.
I suppose if you are mortgage and kid free and have income from a inflation proof final salary pension scheme it may be different though.

Ummm! Sounds like you are having a pop at our aged fan base there Adam!

THE DUKE

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2017, 12:05:13 PM »
I like many others plead guilty to his description of many Non league supporters nut that should not lose sight of the fact that we are the backbone of the support the four hundred that have turned up year after year. This year even with the increase in cost the standard of football is well worth it however long it lasts is another matter I cannot comment on burgers or drinks in the ground as I do not use either I have attempted in my small way to help to no effect.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2017, 12:16:34 PM »
Ummm! Sounds like you are having a pop at our aged fan base there Adam!

More likely a strange interpretation of another persons post.

Sorry Adam missed your point there but what was your point? I'm not clear what you mean.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2017, 12:34:27 PM »
If you are a regular who has the fixture list built into your diary, then yes, it can be expensive...  If, like me and many others, you have to put a few quid aside here and there to be able to treat yourself a couple times a month, then it's well worth the money.  Football is a real treat and if it became a slog, like it sounds it is for quite a few, then i wouldn't bother turning up.....

Nothing better than a Tuesday night under the lights, slightly 'Beer-cheery' with burger juice dripping down your chin whilst shouting words of encouragement to the officials with your mates......  £20 for that.... bargain.....   

Oh, and if we get a goal or two to the good, even better.....

So what if it gets to the stage that the only people attending are the people who saved up for a treat? For many people going to the football every home game is their treat,their reward at the end of the week, what happens if it becomes priced out of their range?  :dontknow:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2017, 01:17:42 PM »
The Football is competing along with others for people's expendable income. So if there is a decent game on at The Walks people find the money, same if there is a movie on at the Cinema, a family meal out and trip to the seaside or even to watch the Speedway. Some people's cake is only so big no matter how many different ways you cut it.

I must say I was very disapponted in the gate for Tuesday night. If the club can't pull in 600 for a top end of the table League fixture then Mr Cleeve must be wondering what he has to do to get people to come and watch. Do the Football fraternity in Lynn want step 2 football in the Town ?

As for food and drink, the club is dealing in a very competitive market and having a captive audience in this day and age isn't enough to get people to part with their cash

birch95

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2017, 02:27:58 PM »
It doesn't matter how good this team becomes, its a fact, that the gates will never top 900 on a regular basis,even in the northern premier years in particular, the lynn fans wobbled around 7-800 max. come Hereford & fa trophy later in the competition you will see a big gate perhaps even 1000 plus, but this is the scenario year in year out :dontknow:  :scarf:

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2017, 02:40:31 PM »
We've had a couple of seasons with the average league attendance over 1,000
https://www.thelinnets.co.uk/attendances-compared2016.php

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2017, 02:47:54 PM »
We've had a couple of seasons with the average league attendance over 1,000
https://www.thelinnets.co.uk/attendances-compared2016.php

What I don't understand is why they have dropped down from 726 since 2010/11 - the first year after the demise of the old club when Lynn were playing at step 5 - to an average of about 520 for the last 3 seasons when playing at steps 4 & 3.