« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2017, 06:31:11 PM »
Thought we had new groundsman

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: PITCH
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2017, 07:48:17 PM »

May have a new groundsman but he is no good without a mower!  Is he grazing on the pitch to keep it short?  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
Donít you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2017, 09:33:03 PM »

May have a new groundsman but he is no good without a mower!  Is he grazing on the pitch to keep it short?  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Just heard that the club have asked if all fans can turn up early on Tuesday and bring a pair of scissors with them,and a tape measure, regulations state grass must be no shorter than 2cm and no longer than 4cm? :welcome:
Donít you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.

Turtle84

• Aka Tom
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2017, 02:20:19 PM »
why don't the trust chip in and help get a new mower? just caught up with the goings on on the forum and 3 topics with the same moaning. there was a game yesterday and only one post and that's of the match report.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2017, 02:38:12 PM »
why don't the trust chip in and help get a new mower? just caught up with the goings on on the forum and 3 topics with the same moaning. there was a game yesterday and only one post and that's of the match report.

Trust is not there to provide a foot up for private enterprise, which is what the club is at the moment, if the trust had shares in the club it would be different. As it is the club has already got a fundraising body in the shape of the Friends of the Linnets, they provided a new mower last year, is it beyond repair already? Maybe a word with last week's sponsor, Masons mowers?  :dontknow:

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2017, 05:11:43 PM »
Interesting comment Turtle. I believe the FOTL will take individual contributions for the Mower if you are feeling that way inclined.
With regards to there only being one post about the game, why don't you make one, then it will be two!
In life, its important to remember that those that can't, usually teach!

Turtle84

• Aka Tom
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2017, 06:10:38 PM »
constructive Adam. there's never hardly any talk on here about games, players etc, given the chance to moan about the club then for some of you there's no letting up.

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2017, 06:44:52 PM »
constructive Adam. there's never hardly any talk on here about games, players etc, given the chance to moan about the club then for some of you there's no letting up.
Sorry, but are you saying YOUR comments are constructive???

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2017, 08:30:57 PM »

Can we have your report on yeterdays game Turtle, until we reed some views from people that were actually there how can we comment on a game,be it positive or negative? It is only when we see a game or have a first hand report that we can comment,if we win Tuesdy night I presume the players will be lapping up the applause,but but if we lose don't expect so much applause! But this thread is about precisely what it says in the title,the PITCH, but you took it upon yourself to try and heap more scorn on the trust for not helping a private business! I friend of mine runs his own building company,recently his cement mixer broke down,do you think that the trust should help him out and but a new one? Amuses me that people come onto a forum funded by the trust to once again have a dig at said trust!!! :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2017, 08:41:38 PM »

Can we have your report on yeterdays game Turtle, until we reed some views from people that were actually there how can we comment on a game,be it positive or negative? It is only when we see a game or have a first hand report that we can comment,if we win Tuesdy night I presume the players will be lapping up the applause,but but if we lose don't expect so much applause! But this thread is about precisely what it says in the title,the PITCH, but you took it upon yourself to try and heap more scorn on the trust for not helping a private business! I friend of mine runs his own building company,recently his cement mixer broke down,do you think that the trust should help him out and but a new one? Amuses me that people come onto a forum funded by the trust to once again have a dig at sid trust!!! :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;

Who's Sid Trust?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2017, 09:13:21 PM »

Can we have your report on yeterdays game Turtle, until we reed some views from people that were actually there how can we comment on a game,be it positive or negative? It is only when we see a game or have a first hand report that we can comment,if we win Tuesdy night I presume the players will be lapping up the applause,but but if we lose don't expect so much applause! But this thread is about precisely what it says in the title,the PITCH, but you took it upon yourself to try and heap more scorn on the trust for not helping a private business! I friend of mine runs his own building company,recently his cement mixer broke down,do you think that the trust should help him out and but a new one? Amuses me that people come onto a forum funded by the trust to once again have a dig at sid trust!!! :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;

Who's Sid Trust?

Now corrected, nobody ele had noticed,probably they will be lapping up the fact I made a spelling mistake. :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2017, 10:53:15 PM »

They will be lapping up the fact I made a spelling mistake. :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
That's two spelling mistakes then!

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2017, 10:56:21 PM »

They will be lapping up the fact I made a spelling mistake. :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
That's two spelling mistakes then!

:worship: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

GrahamB

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2017, 12:08:13 PM »
Thankfully Lappin and Holt will return the forum to commenting on football issues and not mundane things like food, dishwashers and glasses! Instead of knocking Cleave and Culverhouse they should be congratulated on their ambition and commitment to the club. Their vision for the future must be unrivalled at this level, with the exception of Billericay , everything so positive.